Prologue

You knew, from the moment you opened your eyes for the first time, that you were different. You were standing on a cliff, with no recollection of how you were there, or what exactly you were doing there. You scratched the back of your neck as your eyes took in your surroundings. The sun was shining down on you, beating you down slightly with the heat it was giving off. But soon, dark clouds covered its rays, bringing darkness over the land. As your eyes travelled down, below the cliff you stood on, you saw a large castle in the centre of the land. The sight would have been beautiful if it had not been for the darkness that began to surround it.

You squinted your eyes, seeing a battle going on below which made your eyes widen. The event took you by surprise, and not long after you felt a large rumble under your feet. Your knees began to shake, along with the ground, and you fought to regain the balance that was being taken from you. In order to not fall, you cautiously took steps back, away from the edge of the cliff as fear began to write across your face. But the earth shakes soon became less important as a dark purple mist began circling the castle. A loud cry emitted as a monster appeared through the mist. It continued circling the castle, as did the mist, which now became more like dark clouds. The monsters yellow penetrating eyes is what made you squirm in fear.

You had no idea what you were witnessing, but before you could even question it, a sudden voice entered your head. That is Calamity Ganon, the voice told you. The sudden words made you jolt a bit, your skin getting goosebumps as the voice continued to speak. There is a hero down there, one that wasn't able to defeat Ganon upon his awakening. He has suffered tremendous injuries, and due to this, he will be placed in the Shrine of Resurrection. Oddly enough, as the soft voice spoke, you understood the words, the meaning they had.

"Hero..," you said quietly. It was the first time you ever spoke, and your voice sounded rather strange, having never been used before, but you didn't pay much mind because your eyes moved on towards the castle once again. That hero is Link. He will wake after 100 years in the Shrine of Resurrection and there, your role as his partner will begin. This made you raise an eyebrow, but you did not question it. That is your purpose. You were created by the goddesses to aid him during his journey, (Y/n). You looked confused at the sound of the name. Your name. At least you assumed it was.

(Y/n), you have been given a great task by the gods. Do not let them down. With that, the voice ceased, and you were left with your thoughts. You took a deep breath, taking in the words the voice had told you while looking at the situation going on down below you. It was a lot to take in, but you managed to contain yourself quite well. You took a few steps back from the cliff before turning, seeing a dirt path that trailed down a hill. You didn't know where this dirt path would lead, but something inside you pushed you to go down it. And so you did.

A loud rumble was heard from above, which made you cock your head up. At that moment, a few droplets of water fell upon your face. The cold water caused a chill to go down your spine, so you quickened your pace, not at all knowing where you were going, but you didn't stop the impulse that made you head down the dirt path. As you walked, it began to rain. It started soft, but it gradually began to pour down harder, making the dirt road muddy, which of course made it difficult to walk in. You huffed out, seeing that your foot was stuck in a pile of mud. After a few seconds of wiggling your foot around you were set free, though you didn't expect it, which caused you to fall back.

The impact with the ground made your bottom hurt, but it wasn't anything too bad. You were actually grateful. You turned your body, knees now coming in contact with the cold, wet ground. The rain beat down on your back hard, causing your clothes to stick to your skin. It was an uncomfortable feeling, but you tried your best to ignore it as you pushed yourself up from the ground. As soon as you stood up, you heard a strange noise coming from behind you and when you turned to look, you were met with a nasty lizard-like creature that happened to have body armour on. In a matter of seconds, this creature, or monster you could say, plunged towards you. Those are Lizalfos (Y/n)! You have no weapons on you, so I suggest you get out of there! The voice came back.