Chapter 10: Spins of new Beginnings

I couldn't sleep the whole night while watching the dawn settling on the court and announcing the new day. I just had spent my first night here and the nightmare was still on going. I shut my eyes and leaned my head against the wall when suddenly door got opened and of the courtesan's walked in.

"The castle sent you clothes. The King wants you to dance for him and for the in-laws who just arrived" She explained while rolling her eyes and I froze.

"What did you say?"

"You heared me. Get ready, they are waiting" She handed me the clothes and I frowned.

"I'm not going to dance for them in these ridiculous clothes!" I slapped her hand away.

I was so angry at all of them. How dare they to continue humiliating me after everything?!

"Do you think we want that? Do you think I like to pleasure a man for a few minutes, then for him to leave me when he feels satisfied?" She asked me and my eyes softened she sat next to me on the bed and I silently glanced at her.

"Sometimes life pulls you into a tunnel without a single escape. I also had dreams but I have to survive, survive for my family, for my sick mother.." she quickly wiped her tear away and looked at me. My eyes saddened at the realization of how life sometimes changes people in such a drastic way in order to survive.

"The King actually never wanted any of us to dance for him. Even the clothes he has sent you are nothing a courtesan would wear. So many girls outside of this room are jealous of you because this could be their way out to freedom. You are the first one he's calling so put these beautiful clothes on and do what the King demands from you. He must be impatiently waiting"

She picked up the clothes and handed them to me. I glanced at her and she suddenly smiled warmly at me while nodding at the clothes. With shaking hands I took the clothes from her and unfolded it while she closed the door and left.

I gasped when I held the dress in front of me, it was long enough to cover my whole body with a soft cleavage. I was confused, this white dress was gorgeous. With the detailed embroidery, it seemed like a dress made for the fairies.

I gulped nervously, feeling suddenly anxious.

What are you up to King?

~

After changing and opening my braided hair and letting my soft waves fall down my body I walked to the door where Namjoon was waiting for me. While going I searched in between all the girls who were staring at me for the one who just talked to me.

When I finally found her in a corner with a new born baby my heart dropped.

I waved at her and she and her baby waved back at me. She gave my attire a satisfied look and I smiled nervously. I took a deep breath and walked over to Namjoon, who was standing by the entrance door.

While we were silently walking back to the castle, the layers of my dress were flying in the wind and my heart wouldn't stop racing nervously. My palms were clammy and my cheeks flushed and Namjoon not talking wasn't helping me at all.

At the question "Will you talk, if I slap you?" He just gave me a little smile and I couldn't help but shake my head in frustration.

When we arrived at the other side of the castle, I breathed in the fresh night air for a last time and gave myself a determined nod while running a hand through my wild hair. I was never someone who was comfortable with many strangers around her and tonight my nerves were definitely testing me. My body was literally shaking and my throat was a burning fire, I was ready to run away.