Chapter Eighteen

Sophie and her friends quickly downed the elixirs. Biana ordered them all to spread out, hide in a random room, count to ten, and then meet up in the kitchen. That way, they wouldn't know who was who. To make the challenge even harder, Biana told them they should act like each other to try to trick them.

     The seven friends dashed out of the room. Sophie turned right and ran down a long, crystal hallway. Then she took some random turns, knowing she could rely on her photographic memory of she got lost. Which was probably likely on account of Everglen being so massive.

     Sophie turned a corner and found herself face to face with Fitz.

     "Oh," she exclaimed. "Sorry. I didn't realize you were here." She turned to leave, but Fitz grabbed her wrist.

     "Wait," he said. "Can you stay for a sec?" Sophie wondered what he wanted. She could feel the elixirs start to settle.

     "Well, whatever it is, make it quick. I don't wanna mess up Biana's game." Fitz released her arm.

     "Of course," he agreed. "I just wanted to tell you again that I'm sorry." Fitz stared intently into her eyes. Sophie felt the heat of his hands on hers and couldn't keep herself from blushing. She also couldn't stop the familiar feeling of butterflies in her stomach.

     "It's okay, Fitz," she promised him. "It hurt, but I forgive you." Fitz's smile made her feel like every choice she had ever made was worth it. She couldn't remember why she was even mad at him.

Fitz closed his eyes. Sophie's heart skipped a beat as he leaned in closer, closer, closer...... until.....

🎉HAPPY APRIL FOOLS!!!🎉
I apologize for that nastiness. I can not begin to describe how much it pained me to write that. But I couldn't resist. Don't worry, the real update is coming soon!
- Swani