Two

'The Dark Mark'

Fred and George, still hyperactive from the Irish win, were performing a mock folk dance to a light tune

"There's no one like Krum," Ron protested loudly in the tent. "He's like a bird, the way he rides the wind."

Lori laughed when the twins started their worst bird impression and draped an Irish flag over him.

"He's more than an athlete," Ron continued. "He's an artist."

Ginny swept passed him, her voice high and mocking. "I think you're in love, Ron."

"Shut up," he moaned as Fred and George began to sing to him off tune, the rest of then joining in soon enough. "Viktor, I love you. Viktor, I do. When we're apart, my heart beats only for you."

The cheers had morphed into screams by now. "Sounds like the Irish have got their pride on."

Fred and George started hitting Ron with their green flags, broken apart only by their father. "Stop! Stop it! It's not the Irish. We've gotta get out of here, now!"

Lori's hand instinctively wrapped around Ginny's as she pulled her outside, the screams wailing in volume, fire roaring in the distance.

"Get back to the Portkey, everybody, and stick together!"

Fred and George pulled Lori and Ginny along with them, their hands falling away from each other as they sprinted to the edge of the tent line.

"Harry!" Hermione yelled as he was swept away from the rest of the group.

Taking one last look to make sure the twins had Ginny, she hurried after her brother's best friend, jostled this way and that by fleeing witches and wizards.

Her shoulders were buffeted from side to side, but she pushed forward. That is, until, she ran headfirst into Cedric, who steadied her with his hands.

"I need to find Harry!" she explained and pointed to where she last saw him, coughing due to the smoke that consumed the camp.

He nodded, taking her hand and leading her towards where she had pointed. Both drew their wands, the camp falling almost silent.

"If we split up, we can cover more ground," she explained.

"No," he countered, "we should stay together. It's too dangerous to go alone."

Considering she barely knew him, she couldn't believe he was being this nice. Sure, he was a Hufflepuff, but he was voluntarily putting himself in danger for a boy he hardly knew.

They moved slowly, but cautiously as they threaded through the camp, their wands poised to attack.

"Morsmordre!" an unknown voice came, a green beam lighting up the sky. A second later, a skull filled the inky black, a long snake protruding from its mouth and spiralling towards them.

She heard Cedric murmur in disbelief as they stared up at the horror above.

Lori's head snapped when she heard movement ahead, like feet trampling over gravel. Cedric had heard it too, and wordlessly, they agreed to follow it.

Both raised their wands when three figures came into sight, but quickly lowered them when they saw it was just Ron, Harry and Hermione.

"Oh, Merlin!" Lori gasped, pulling them into a tight hug after pocketing her wand. "I thought I'd lost you!"

Harry groaned, clutching his forehead in pain where his scar was etched into his skin.

Several streams of smoke formed around them, morphing into people, Cedric and Lori dragged the others to the ground.

"Stupefy!" all the wizards called repeatedly, shooting red beams at the students and narrowly missing.

"Stop! Those are my kids!" Lori let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding when she heard her father's voice.

"Ron, Harry, Hermione, Lori, Cedric, you all right?" Mr Weasley asked as he pulled his two children tight to his chest.

"We came back for Harry, sir," Cedric explained, slightly out of breath

Another wizard pointed his wand accusingly between the five teens. "Which of you conjured it?"

"Crouch," Mr Weasley began. "You can't possibly think..."

"Do not lie! You've been discovered at the scene of the crime!"

"Crime? Barty, they're just kids."

"What crime?" Harry asked nervously.

Hermione whispered to him. "It's the Dark Mark, Harry. It's his mark."

"What?" he asked in disbelief. "Voldemort? Those people tonight, in the masks, they're his too, aren't they? His followers?"

"Death Eaters," Lori explained, looking nervously at Cedric.

"There was a man, before," Harry informed, pointing some distance away. "There."

"All of you, this way!" Crouch led his fellow Ministry wizards away, apart from Mr Weasley.

"A man? Who?"

"I don't know. I didn't see his face."