86. first time again

' This is an insane world. '

86. first time again

 first time again

QUINN

     'I KNOW THIS SOUNDS INSANE,' RICK'S VOICE ECHOED through the crater. 'But this is an insane world. We have to come for them before they come for us. It's that simple.'

She had to strain to hear him above the growling and snarling of the enormous herd behind him. The walkers were caught behind the trucks and rocks but that didn't stop the noise from reaching them. Or the smell for that matter. She had tried breathing through her mouth to not choke on the thick smell of rotting flesh, but that only felt like she was inhaling it even more and so she was forced to breathe through her nose anyway.

'This is where it all starts tomorrow,' Rick continued his speech. 'Tobin gets in the truck, opens the exit and we're off. He hops out, catched up with his team at red, staying on the west side of the road. Daryl gets on his bike-' He was interrupted by the sound of an crash. Everyone turned to look at the cliff on the far side of the crater where the rock had begun to crumble. Her breath hitched in her throat as she watched an entire portion of the cliff tumble down to the depths below, crushing part of the herd but not nearly enough. The noise was followed by the loud clattering of one of the trucks tumbling off the edge of the cliff, creating an opening for the walkers to stumble through...straight into the direction of Alexandria.