Three

'The Goblet of Fire'

Prefects had few duties on the journey to and from Hogwarts, apart from regularly patrolling the carriages and making sure that first years were settling in fine

Prefects had few duties on the journey to and from Hogwarts, apart from regularly patrolling the carriages and making sure that first years were settling in fine. They were also the only students in uniform, so were easily distinguishable, as well as by the prefect badges they sported in their house colours.

They had their own carriage, right at the front on the train, and instead of the normal, divided, six man compartments, the entire carriage was opened, with several sofas and armchairs around the carriage.

Seeing as her mother had insisted they leave earlier than normal this year (as they had to bring Harry and Hermione), Lori expected to find the carriage empty when she arrived.

Sliding the door open, she was greeted by only one other person.

"You didn't tell me you got prefect!" Cedric said, climbing up from his sofa and looking at her in disbelief.

Lori smiled, shutting the door behind her. "What can I say? I'm a woman of many talents."

They chuckled as she fell onto the sofa beside him. "Quidditch Captain and Gryffindor prefect? I bet you're going for Head Girl as well."

"First off, says you," Lori smiled when Cedric admitted she had a point. "And second, if I got Head Girl, I would never hear the end of it from Fred and George."

Cedric admitted she had another point. Then, he started digging around in his satchel, before producing two chocolate frogs.

"Do you collect them?" he asked, offering one of the frogs to Lori.

She smiled as she took it. "I used to, but then all my cards went missing. Found a whole bunch of them hidden under Ron's bed so I just gave him my entire set."

After both of them had devoured their frogs, they lifted the cards up and compared them.

"I got Bowman Wright." Cedric showed her, reading from the card, "He's famous for developing the Golden Snitch. Who did you get?"

"Celestina Warbeck. My mum's always listening to her music."

Cedric gently offered her his card, "Here. Start your collection again?"

"Cedric, I couldn't possibly." Lori shook her head, "You're too nice for your own good."

"Honestly, Lori, I insist. Besides, I've already got three of him." Smiling up at him, she took the card from him, muttering a thanks before placing the two cards in her satchel.