Chapter nineteen -Future Forecasting-

Tonight Kei is sleeping differently. He refused to sleep on the other side of the wagon, and now he lays next to me. Shaking and whimpering and crying like a puppy who's having a bad dream. He's a soldier, he should be used to the nightmares by now but I don't think these ones are of war.

        I slip out of his grasp and put my hands on his face, quietly saying his name over and over, telling him to wake up. After a few minutes of shaking and whining his eyes fly open and he flies up, almost hitting me in the face.

"Sango!" He almost shouts. He can't see me because it's dark, but I can hear him patting around for me

"I'm right here," I assure him "I'm here."

He finds my hands when I put them on his face, and he puts his hands over mine, gasping for air and letting himself catch his breath.

"I had another dream." He said "We were in the Ivory City and he was there."

"Who was there?"

"My brother, he was there. He was ruling the Cessair. Tsuna was their leader. And." He gulps "you were there. As a prisoner."

I fumble around for a box of matches, and strike one up to light the candle beside Keisukei. "What do you mean prisoner? Like a Prisoner of war?"

He nods. "You were chained up by the wrists and he had you just hanging like that like a wall ornament." he pauses to breathe "And do you remember the white dress you've been in in all the dreams?"

"Great. Just great. I'm a foyer ornament now." I let my head hang and I feel myself starting to get scared "I'm going to get kidnapped. Kei you can't let me get kidnapped."

His ears droop and he sighs "It was a dream like the ones we've had before. Theres nothing I can do to stop it."

I feel a tear slide down my cheek. Was this it? Was this really how I was going to be for the important part of this fight? Chained up and seen as a slave?

He hangs his head, letting it rest on my collar bone. He just sits there for a minute, breathing and not saying a word. His hair hangs down over his face making it hard to see his expression. It looks like he's  just staring at my lap, disapointed with himself.

"I'll save you though."

He said it so quiet I almost missed what he said.

I smile down at him "I know you will."

He sits with his head rested on my collar bone for a while. He's thinking. It feels like its been about five minutes, and all he's done was breathe and stare at my lap. Occasionally his ears would twitch.

"Its time for you to go back to sleep." I say lightly.

He lifts his head slightly to look at me "I don't know if I can sleep."

"I'm going to be okay."

He nods and turns over to prop himself up on the trunks, and I lay down next to him. I take a blanket of my own and bundle up with it. My eyes grow heavy and I let them close.

What if I do get kidnapped? Good things dont happen to girls who get kidnapped.

I push the thought away. No matter what happens Kei will save me. And If he can't I'll rescue myself. I am stronger than I think, and smarter than I believe. No matter what is done to me, I won't let it hurt me. I'm a fighter. I've destroyed hundreds of formors, and the Cessair aren't the most powerful ones out there. I can do this.

I feel myself falling asleep. So I let it happen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------