Part 17:

Pryce

"Whatchu mean you cutting off his life support?" I asked while mugging the doctor.

"Mr. Cole, Mr. Moore is practically brain dead it would be a miracle that he'd miraculously wake up he's only suffering more if we keep him in the state he's in." The doctor protested.

"Nah I don't give a fuck." I said waving her off.

"I'm sorry it isn't your choice your not immediate family." she said.

"Look lady my bro got a whole baby and a girl in there it'll crush her what you want me to tell her that I let you bitches kill him." I snapped, and she looked around.

"like I said mr.cole your not immediate family I'm sorry but we're turning it off." she said and walked away.

"Wait!" I yelled. She stopped and huffed loud, "what if I can get an immediate family member or whatever." I said.

"I mean yeah I guess." She shrugged.

"give me til tomorrow." I said and she sighed.

"you have until twelve tomorrow mr.cole." she said and walked away, I sighed in relief. These past few hours have been crazy for real. Jo went into surgery and surprisingly had the baby earlier and he survived I knew he was gon survive this my li nephew he a fighter. Lucas went through surgery but is in a coma and they sayin he not gonna wake up, Cortez ass is out looking for joy and here I am holding everything down at the hospital like the real nigga I am. I blew air out my mouth and typed in a number on my phone and called it.

"hello?" Nicky said in a sleepy tone.

"Nicole it's Pryce you and moms needa get here quick Lucas been shot." I said.

Jo

"Lucas!" I yelled as Cortez carried me out of the house. "Tez stop we can't leave him!" I yelled as I began hitting him.

"if we don't you and the baby's going to die!" He yelled back at me, I looked down and saw a gun shot wound to my stomach.

I screamed and sat up and looked around an empty hospital room. I looked at my stomach and realized my bump is gone I touched my stomach and I couldn't feel bubba. I panicked and pressed the button so I could alert a nurse. A nurse walked in with a clip board.

"Ms. Wallace your awake." she said surprised.

"my baby where is he!" I yelled.

"Ms.Wallace calm down." she said.

"bitch don't tell me to fucking calm down where the fuck is my child!" I snapped.

"he's fine, he's in surgery." she said.

"Surgery?" I said while tearing up.

"Do you want anything to drink?" She asked.

"is my sister here? My friends?" I asked.

"I can go check in the front okay." She said assuring me. I nodded and sat back in my bed and closed my eyes replaying everything that had happened I couldn't think my mind was blurry I couldn't remember anything. I put my hair in a messy bun and wiped my eyes.

"jo." Pryce said while walking in and closing the door behind him.

"P." I said as I reached out to hug him he hugged me and cupped his hands around my face.

"You okay how you feeling?" he asked.

"I'm okay they told me bubba's in surgery." I said.

"yeah he's okay I was right here when you had him he a fighter alright." He said, I nodded and he pulled me into another hug.

"Lucas?" I asked and he broke the hug and pulled a chair up and sat down and played with his hands. "Pryce what happened?" I asked.

"I'm not gon cap jo it ain't looking good." he said with his head down.

"he's gonna be okay right?" I asked.

"jo-

"He has to be! bubba's here and he needs his daddy." I said while wiping more tears.

"they think keeping him alive is hurting him they want to turn the life support shit off." he said as he pinched his nose, I began crying harder this was all to much my baby is fighting for his life now Lucas is on his death bed.

"Hailey." I sniffed. "Where is she? I wanna speak to her." I said. Pryce shook his head and grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze.

"She's gone Josephine." he said.

"She's dead?" I asked as my voice cracked.

"she gave this to me to give you." He said while handing me her anklet I began crying harder, my daddy gave me and my sister matching anklets when we were born we never took them off.

"Joy?" I asked.

"Cortez is out looking for her." He said and I nodded.

"Pryce can you give me a minute please." I said and he nodded.

"I'm right outside if you need me ight." he said and I gave him a small smile and he kissed my head and walked out and I rolled over and cried myself to sleep.

Cortez

"Pryce I'm telling you she ain't here." I said into the phone.

"check everywhere jo needs her I don't know what to do." Pryce said.

"what do you want me to do she disappeared." I said annoyed and Pryce sighed.

"Look just go to Lucas house and pick up Gigi I need her to be here to vouch for Lucas since she's his fiancé." Pryce said.

"I thought you called Nicole and moms?" I asked.

"I did but they ain't gon be here in time just do what the fuck I asked and stop asking dumb ass questions damn!" Pryce yelled and hung up, I looked at the phone and through it on the seat.

"this nigga got me fucked up talking to me like he in fucking charge bitch ass nigga." I mumbled as I did a u turn heading towards Lucas's neighborhood. I've looked everywhere for Joy she just vanished. I pulled into Lucas's front yard and got out the car Gigi's car was here so she must be inside I thought I looked through the window and saw someone laying in the ground I brought my keys out and tried to unlock the door but my hands were shaking so much I couldn't even open the door I finally got the door open and brought my gun out of my side and stepped into the house carefully I squinted my eyes and noticed the body it looked real familiar.

"Joy." I said as I ran towards her body I sat down in the puddle of her dried up blood I put her in my lap and checked her pulse. Nothing. She was cold.

"Bae?" I asked as I grabbed her face and started slapping her. her eyes held a blank expression there was no light. She was dead.

"Joy? Come on man." I said as I began to tear up, I angrily wiped my tears and began to shake her some more hoping she'd just wake up but she didn't she just laid in my arms life less. I was always taught to never show your emotion a real man never cries but right now I couldn't do none of that shit I just let it all out and cried into her body.

"come on baby." I whispered in her ear.

****

whew.. these next two chapters gon be a lil emotional.. how do you think Jo is gonna react to the news about Joy? Comment and Vote! 💕