NINETEEN

I'm an asshole
Time may be a confusing factor
throughout the entire story
word count: 942

A/N

FORGOT TO MENTION -Last chapter's setting was in the early afternoon. So is this chapter. The gathering where Kaminari confesses is later on in the night (which already happened to you guys). I'm just bringing up what's going on in Jiro's life without Eijirou there with her. Will go back to the gathering after a little more sneak peaking into the State's situation.

THE STATE

In that instant, Yaoyorozu clenched the sweat towel in her hand until her knuckles went pale. After all Hagakure's done to her. After all they've done to her. This is Yaoyorozu's first time seeing Jiro cry, let alone break down for that matter.

You're smart right? Think. Think!

Yaoyorozu searched like lightning hitting the ground. For something, anything, to do or say. It wasn't enough, obviously. "Are you alright?" It sort of slipped out, totally out of Yaoyorozu's full control. All Yaoyorozu could think after saying that was: Wow, me. You're an intellectual, aren't you. Of course she's not alright, moron.

"You must be blind" Jiro scoffs, her eyes still stung, lips shiny from tears and running booger, "but I guess that's why you're friends with Hagakure" (A/N- see what I did there?) shrugs Jiro, still sniffing. But this time it's different. Jiro wasn't sassing Yaoyorozu. Jiro was just torn apart, using the things around her as a defense mechanism to what happened to Eijirou.

Yaoyorozu felt her throat itch, the wet towel a sponge when she tighten's her grip. Sun drops dripped on dusty, cheap, concrete. Those drops of water then being immediately consumed by the burning, parched, ground.

Yaoyorozu never physically or verbally bullied Jiro. However, she was just as horrid, just as evil, when watching it all happen from the sidelines. And they both, and all, knew it. Jiro's hand movements were all over the place in attempt to wipe every tear drop and stain from her cheeks. Leftover tears being used as a moisturizer for her hair as her hands traveled through her scalp. Her chest rose from sulking. It was like her tits were trying to twerk.

"She's not my friend."

Jiro couldn't bare looking at Yaoyorozu. She wanted to hurt her. Scream into her face. To pull her hair down and grab her by her skull. To force her to breathe in dust that hoards the ground. Jiro despised her.

Jiro cautiously brings her arm around her waist as she grips the injured area of her ribs, pushing herself up against the wall for support in order to face Yaoyorozu again. Jiro hisses at the pain she receives in doing so before she groans a, "fuck you" directly at a glum Yaoyorozu.

"She really isn't! She's not my friend! I h-hate the things she does, I h-hate the things they do. I hate them all! I hate them!"

"Then what the fuck is she to you?! What the fuck are they to you!" Jiro yells back, frustration combining forces with her fists when she slams it to the rocky wall behind her. Yaoyorozu's throat becomes dry when she tries and forces down the lump in it. The silence is crushing.

"Don't give me that fucking bullshit, Yaoyorozu. And don't even bother answering that question. I know what she is to you." Jiro scowls at her classmate she never once talked to until now. "She's a way to fit in" pauses Jiro, "is she not?"

They're both at the peak of vexation. Not only with each other, but everything the other mentions being the truth. Yaoyorozu doesn't know what to snap back so her chin quivers in return.

"Serves you fucking right, doesn't it?" Jiro grabs Yaoyorozu by her vest when she notices Yaoyorozu's about to cry too. "How..." Jiro shuts her eyes, voice breaking. Yaoyorozu grabs hold of Jiro's wrist in instinct, trying to pull her off. Jirou continues, eyes breaking open again, "how- d-do-es it f-feel-?... to be hurt. To be misunderstood" then she screams, "How does it fucking feel, bitch!"

"J-Jiro- I-"

"D-Don't you dare think about telling me that you understand me. Don't. You. Fucking. Dare" Jiro's palm begins to form sweat when clashed with the vest Yaoyorozu wears so Jiro shoves Yaoyorozu a little further away from her, causing Yaoyorozu to stumble back a bit.

"By the time we graduate" Jiro mutters, "probably even the time you're on your fucking death bed" says Jiro a little louder, "you'll never understand what I went through. Especially now. With you standing right in front of me. You don't know how to feels like to be me. How it feels like to hide how you're being beaten up everyday- How it feels like to have your best friend be raped and murdered in the woods- How it feels like to cope through this shit without him and how much it-"

Coming to sudden realization, she was bringing it up again. So how'd she expect Yaoyorozu to understand even if she didn't want Yaoyorozu to? "How much it-" Jiro crumbles to the ground, her heart down to her knees as she slaps the ground with her palms. "K-Kirishima... he's..."

Yaoyorozu's completely frozen, forced to suffer around the same pain Jiro feels. "Jiro?"

"Gone..." Jiro turns her shaking hands around, staring at the both of them intensely, watching as her tears dripped and tear through the dirt coating of her palms. "H-he's fucking... gone... a-and it's... it's all m-my fault."

Yaoyorozu contemplates coming in closer, her actions basically robotic and flinch-ish when she tries bringing a hand to Jiro's shoulder. However, Yaoyorozu retracts it back at the last minute when taking a glance down at Jiro's face. Jiro's eyes are squint-ish and bloodshot, nose drippy and pout open wide like she's in indescribable pain. Cheeks so cooked, it's as if they were overheated ovens. Yaoyorozu's fucked in the head. She's blanker than a squeaky clean whiteboard.

All she can do is panic. Panic when Jiro breaks their sulk-filled-silence with: "Only God knows how I wish I were the one gone instead of him." A pause.

"Why can't I be the one to go?"