°9

There was a knock on her bedroom door and Seri couldn't hear it due to the music playing in her headphones as she nodded her head to the beat

The knocking sound rang out again and she furrowed her brows, pausing the music.
Leaning back in her chair to debate whether she was hearing wrong or not but there was another knock.

She stood up and sighed as she walked to the door.
"Dad, I told you to put my pads in the-" she swung the door open to see Jisung standing there.

"-oh. You're not my pads."

Jisung shifted awkwardly.
"Uh...no I'm not."

There was a silence before she shrugged.
"Whatever, anyway what's brought you to my humble abode young beanstalk."

Jisung watched as she sauntered into her room and took a sip from her drink. His eyes raked over the interior of her lilac coloured walls to the grey carpet.

"Well, are you going to just stand there?" She questioned, eyebrow raised and he snapped out of it- walking into the room.

"I didn't mean to show up uninvited but..." He held the baby up. "She won't stop crying." He explained with panic in his eyes.

She eyed him for a moment before walking over to him and taking Seji from his arms.
"You know Jisung, you gotta prepare for the real world. What's going to happen when you have a kid later on?" She teased and he flattened his hair habitually.

"I'm sorry, I can go-"
"I was kidding Jisung." She said, sitting down at her bed and swaying slowly.
"Come sit." She beckoned as the screams turned into small content whimpers.

Jisung hesitantly moved over to her bed, sitting stiffly next to her.
Seri placed the baby in his arms and nudged him to do something.

He looked down at it and shook his head.
"I can't."
"Why not?" She asked with furrowed brows.
"I don't know how to look after a baby."

Seri let out a small chuckle and adjusted his grip around the doll so it was properly held.
"It comes with practice- trust me. I think I almost dropped Sihyeon like ten times and I used to be scared of holding her at first and i know it's a doll but it's so realistic."

"Did I... interrupt you?" He asked conscious of how he was disrespectful towards the family for showing up and she shrugged.

"Trying to do this maths paper but I'm actually too dumb to comprehend so I was procrastinating."
Jisung's eyes drifted over to her desk with the sheets sprawled out everywhere in a haphazard mess.

He noticed the algebra book on the table before speaking.
"Algebra...are you struggling a lot?"
"A lot? That's an understatement my friend."
"...I mean I could help you?"

Seri glanced at him in surprise.
"Really, you're good at Maths?"
"You sound surprised."
"No...it's just didn't think you'd be into maths."

"I actually love Maths."
"That's disgusting, I'm sorry." She said, shivering. "Mr Jo gives me detentions even if I breathe I swear."

Jisung has been caught up into the conversation that he didn't realise his slow swaying had sent the doll into a slumber with its soft snoring.

"Guys, dinners ready!" Sohye called from downstairs and Seri perked up.
"Come on," she said, getting up and Jisung looked down at the doll.

Seri noticed his hesitance and pointed to her bed.
"Just put her down, I'm sure she isn't going to roll off or anything don't worry."

The 5 of them sat around the table, a silence falling over them.

Jisung's eyes flickered up to Jihun who stared him down and under the scrutiny, Jisung kept his head down.

"So," Jihun began. "Park Jisung."
"Yes Sir."
"Hm..." Jihun trailed off with his head tilted at the boy. "You see Jisung, I'm boss around here and if you ever mess with my daughter," he began sternly and the boy began to get panicked.

Jihuns's face contorted into amusement and he burst out laughing.
"I'm sorry, sorry I can't do the whole intimidating Dad thing."

Jisung's shoulders relaxed and he sighed.
"Anyway Kiddo, you into football?"
The boy nodded at one of his interests and Jihun rubbed his hands together.
"Finally, you want to stay and watch the match? I think I need a break from these girls."

Jisung hesitated before looking over at Seri who looked back at him with a curious glance.

"Uh... thanks for the offer Sir but I think I should get heading home."
"Ah, no problem Son- maybe next time?"
"Yeah for sure." Jisung said with a small awkward smile.

"You should take some food home to your family, I'll pack it for you."
"It's okay-"
"Tell your Mother I said hi okay?"

Jisung nodded, eyes falling to the plate at the sound of his Mother and sadness creeped up on him.