37:\\ The L Word

Amy

I fluffed you my sleek blonde hair and curled it around my finger until it formed sleek beautiful beachy waves. I put on a bit of lip gloss as the door bell rang. I grinned at myself in the mirror, checking myself out for the last time tonight. Now someone else would be doing the checking-out.

I quickly rushed down the stairs as I saw Bailey open the front door.

"Bailey, thanks so much for opening the door. My date's here." I said as I pushed past her. She smelled funny. It was disturbingly sickening. She smelled sort of like a dead animal mixed with a very strong scent of perfume. I rolled my eyes. My sister has always been a weirdo.

"Have fun tonight." She said, a weird smile on her face as she looked at Tyler like he was a slab of meat. What the hell, man?

I quickly left, placing my hand on Tyler's arm as he led me to his car and held the passenger door open.

"No offense Amy, but your sister is totally weird."

"Why?" I asked, slightly annoyed that his first words to me weren't complimenting the appearance that I spent three hours on.

"When she opened the door, she asked me if I preferred pepper or salt. Then she asked me what my favorite part of a pig was. She said she was really into feet." He said as I felt the urge to puke.

"Can we not talk about pigs and feet tonight, please Ty." I said, opening the window to lesson my sudden urge to barf.

"I'm just saying Amy, she's really strange. And what about your parents, I still want to meet them."

"Tyler," my expression softened as he pulled out of the driveway. "I haven't heard from them in four months. They must be really busy."

"Or something else..." Tyler chimed in. I wasn't sure what he was referring to, but I didn't want to hear anything bad about my parents or my sister. Yes, my family is weird. That's that. Everybody is weird in life in general.

We drove silently for a couple minutes until conversation flowed smoothly between us like it always does. We'd been together for almost two months now.

I felt really strong feelings toward Tyler. He made me shy and jittery, but also made me feel comfortable and well... loved. He consistently made me feel special. I wasn't sure if two months was too soon to tell someone you love them, but I'd rather him know now instead of wonder and wait until something bad happens to them and then they'll never know. Right, sadistic but it's true. I've learned I need to tell everyone I love that I love them. Always.

He parked in front of a boardwalk, a short walk from the beach itself. I smiled as he led me there, holding my hand and kissing my head every so often. I wish our short walk lasted forever.

"You look beautiful tonight Amy." He said as I tiptoed up to kiss him. He smiled against my lips as we reached the restaurant. A beachside reservation definitely fulfilled the boyfriend two-month checklist.

"Reserved under Tyler." He told the waiter at the front of the restaurant. He led us to a table in the back, outside and facing the ocean. It smelled so lovely, the cool air flying through my blonde hair and pushing back my skirt.

"Wow, this is beautiful." I said, my eyes sparkling as I stared at Tyler. The man I was in love with.

"You're beautiful." He grinned stupidly as I mirrored his smile on my face. His fingers laced through mine as he kissed my knuckles. I wanted to kiss all of him.

"Welcome to Baha Baha, my name is Steven, I'm your server tonight. What can I get for you? Drinks?"

"Water for me, do you want anything Amy?" He asked me, his look of concern filled his features as he stared at me, the same twinkle in his eye. Did he love me too or was I imagining things?

"I'll also have a water." I said as the waiter jotted down some words on his keypad and walked away.

"I've never been here before." Tyler said. This was a super high-end restaurant. Beach-side and only the finest, freshest fish and other seafood was served. It must've taken him at least a week to find a reservation this soon, perhaps constant calling every day. Did he do all that because he loves me? Did he even do all that or did he get lucky on his first phone call to realize someone had canceled today.

I liked my first thought more, it made me smile. Or maybe I'm misreading this whole situation and there's literally a lot of empty slots for reservations. Whatever, I don't want to overthink.

We talked for a couple more minutes, regarding what seafood we wanted to order. Then the waiter arrived. I ordered the lobster and Tyler ordered the salmon.

The hefty meal arrived, the plate was giant and there was so much food on it.

We ate and talked and laughed for about two hours before Tyler paid for the meal and we left.

"I'm so full, I need a nap." I laughed as Tyler held my hand and walked with me to the beach. The waves tossed and hit the shore every few moments as the cool night-time sand roamed under my feet.

I loved the smell, the vibe, the feel of Tyler's arms around my body. I relished in his smell mixed with that of the ocean.

We stopped to lay down on the sand as he balanced himself with his hands behind him. He pushed up against the sand as he lay on the ground. I decided to join him and sat on beside him resting my head on his chest. I listened to his rhythmic heartbeat as we sat in silence, sounds of the calming ocean surrounding us.

"I love you." I blurted out, my voice was small and weak.  It could barely be heard.

But by the spike in Tyler's heart rate, I knew he heard it.

"What?" He asked, sitting up further. I leaned away from his chest to meet him eye to eye.

"I love you." I said as a wild smile filled his features. He leaned over and kissed me passionately, my heart filled with bliss at our sweet kiss.

"Say it again." He breathed between kisses, I could feel a smile on his face as he kissed me again.

"I love you Tyler." I said, more confidently this time.

"I love you too Amy Bloom."

********
Follow me @VeronicaSoli
Please stay safe during these troubling times! Message me if you need to talk about anything! I'm here for you, make sure to self isolate and wash your hands often!

Love you all!
V

In case you're interested in getting the totally edited/revised/changed paperback version of this book:

AMAZON PAPERBACK LINK: https://www.amazon.com/Boy-Who-Read-Minds-ebook/dp/B08RYV11F2/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=veronica+Soliman&qid=1609863783&sr=8-3

Barnes and Noble: (Link will be available in the coming weeks)

Apple Store: (Link will be available in the coming weeks)