7 : the pool and us both

Chapter 7

The pool and us both

There, at the worn out swing, Klong was sitting and moving the swing.

He looked up, turned to me and finally, our gazes met.

To want to meet him and to be afraid of him.

To miss him and to doubt him.

To know that I love him and to be unsure about him.

Once our gazes met, here came the truce of the raging battle between both of the feelings that contradicted each other in my head. Have you ever heard something like, in front of the right person, no questions asked? After I'd heard it so many times, I understood it at the moment.

I have already knew that I wanted to meet him but I just realized how much I wanted to meet him

I already knew that I missed him but I just realized how much I missed him.

I already knew that I loved him but I just realized that I loved him, regardless of my suspicion.

As if there was a torrential storm entering the battlefield of my feelings and it blew everything out of the field, I forgot everything. I didn't remember what my suspicion of him was. I couldn't sense any fear that piled up since this morning. For the unsureness, I didn't know where it had gone.

I need to admit that I was smiling before I realized that I was smiling. The same thing applied to klong, he smiled back at me. It was the kind of smile that made his eyes squint.

"Hi, Phai. I'm back." He hurriedly got up from the swing and walked toward me, who was now standing awkwardly in front of the playground.

What's with Klong? Well, I didn't mean the condition of what he was. What I meant was his behavior. When he was angry, his temper was like an inferno. When he felt like isolating himself, he immediately vanished. When he wanted to come back, he reappeared out of nowhere, waiting for me at the swing with a playful face, as if nothing had ever happened.

"So, you feel like coming back just now?"

I didn't recognize when all the fear and the anger were absent in my voice. When I heard myself saying that, I immediately realized that it was the tone of someone who was upset, or someone who was in fright or anger.

He frowned and hurriedly got close to me.

"Come one, Phai~. I'm sorry that I scolded you that day. I know I startled you. I promise that I'll never do that. Never again." Then he smiled guiltily and gave me his puppy eyes.

"Can you forgive me, please?"

"Klong..." That's all I could say. I didn't know what else to say. All the confusion lingering in my mind should have encouraged me to run away from him but instead, all those cold feelings inside my heart were fading away. They were being replaced by the warmth inside my chest that I was always used to and the feeling that the air seemed to be mildly permeated by the scent of vanilla, which were the feelings I had every time I was with Klong. Those feelings made me smile gladly and I thought the warmth even spread to the corner of my eyes.

I felt like my tears couldn't be held anymore. At first, I didn't really understand what this feeling was.

But when I sensed that the corner of my eyes were getting warm and realized that I smiled broadly, I finally found the answer I'm seeking. This feeling was extreme gladness.

Yes, I was extremely glad.

I was glad that he came back.

I was glad that I could see him again.