chapter 32

Saturday, May 9th, 2020

I was going to do something completely irrational today. I was in the mood for it.

Despite leaving my own party early last night, my friends were so drunk that Asher told me no one had gotten suspicious. They all woke up the next morning not remembering a thing.

I hadn't slept very well. I couldn't get the image of Harry's lip against mine out of my head. God, I'd been so stupid. I knew this was all going to end badly but I was still willing to risk everything.

I stare numbly at my right wrist, turning it over to inspect the inside of my arm. I trace the skin lightly, just below where the wrist joins my hand.

I was going to get a tattoo. I hadn't forgotten what Harry had offered me all those months ago. His tattoo was so intricate and detailed and I knew I could trust him to take me to get it done.

I wanted something with meaning. Something like Harry's. At the time I may not have known it, but now it was so obvious that it was about Liam.

About Liam and what my brother did. A gun with roses shooting from the muzzle. Symbolising peace. Symbolising hope.

I needed something like that. Something to get me out of this funk. I needed to stop feeling sorry for myself for once. I needed to numb my thoughts completely.

I play with the necklace Harry gave me nervously, dialling his number. It rings three times and I bite my lip. He wasn't going to—

"Lon?"

I breathe a sigh of relief. Before my nerves get the best of me, I blurt out my response.

"I need a favour. Meet me at mine in five?"

 Meet me at mine in five?"

"You're sure about this?"

My knee bounces nervously in the waiting room. A guy sits opposite me, not a bare piece of skin visible. He had ink everywhere. Trees, dragons, girls, the lot. I look away before he catches me staring.

Harry rests a hand on my knee and I stop it from bouncing. He gives me a reassuring smile and I sigh.

"Yeah. I wanna do this. I'm just a bit nervous," I admit.