Home Sweet Home

The prank her and Emilie had come up with was pretty brilliant and used spells a lot of the other students hadn't ever heard of so they weren't able to undo it until the professors were aware.

Remus Lupin laughed at what the two girls had done to leave Beauxbatons and go to Hogwarts, but being a father he thought he had to discipline her appropriately. When she had floo'd to the house in the early hours of the morning with her trunk and a letter from the Headmistress he was shocked to say the least, but he was also very happy that she had finally been able to pull herself out of the depression that had clouded her for so long. In the end (and after Lacey sheepishly explained her reasoning for the prank) he scolded her lightly and immediately wrote a letter to Professor Dumbledore asking if Lacey could please be allowed back into Hogwarts to continue her learning and graduate with her class. Dumbledore got a letter back to Remus quickly and she was sent to Hogwarts that day.

Lacey Lupin was once again at Hogwarts. The smile on her face could light up the darkest of rooms, but there was nervousness in the pit of her stomach. She couldn't help but wonder about Fred and how he would react when he saw her back at the school after having no contact with her for months. She was a terrible friend to him and an even worse girlfriend. She was worried that George, Angelina and Lee would never forgive her for leaving and breaking Fred's heart, but she had to try.

Emilie had been sorted into Ravenclaw which she was upset about, but Lacey assured her that they'd of course remain good friends and could hang out all the time.

"Lacey?" George said with a shocked voice as he walked down the steps from the boys dormitory.

Lacey smiled at him and nodded.

"Why are you here?" He asked her.

She couldn't hint at any distaste toward her in his voice but she was still being cautious in case his attitude towards her changed.

"Beauxbatons was a nightmare. I couldn't stay there when all my friends and the people I love are here. I'm so sorry George. I was such an idiot," Lacey said with her eyes sparkling like she was going to cry.

"I could've told you that, Lace. You don't need to apologize to me. I missed you a lot, but Fred's been a disaster. You might want to tread lightly around him. Actually, he's getting ready now for classes. You should go see him. No one else is in there."

Lacey hugged George tightly and kissed his cheek, skipping to the steps to see Fred. She felt giddy and was shaking slightly, unsure of what he'd say to her. If he even spoke to her.

Lacey knocked twice and then let herself into his room. What she saw shocked her. He was in there, but he wasn't alone. Katie Bell had her arms wrapped loosely around his neck and he had his around her waist. They were in a pretty heated make-out session and Fred's shirt had been unbuttoned.

"Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry! I- oh my gosh. Bye," Lacey said, covering her eyes and stumbling out the door.

She felt a stabbing feeling in her heart but knew that he wouldn't just wait around for her to smarten up. It hurt to see him with her and as soon as she closed the door it was whipped open again and Katie rushed out with her face bright red, not even looking at Lacey.

"L-Lacey?" Fred said in the doorway, buttoning his shirt.

"Um, hi.. George said you'd be up here. Alone."

Her eyes were once again sparkling with tears threatening to fall.

"Is she your girlfriend?" Lacey said before she could help herself.

"Uhhh. No?" Fred said awkwardly.

"Oh. Well I'll just be down in the Great Hall then getting breakfast. I'll see you around."

She left before he could reply and see her tears falling. She knew this was her fault. She just never thought he'd move on from her so quickly.

As she was walking in the halls she met up with Emilie.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"I just walked in on Fred making out with Katie Bell in his dormitory," she cried to her friend.

"Oh wow, Lacey, I'm sorry to hear that."

"It's okay. It's not his fault, I just didn't expect it."

Fred chased her down the hall (once he was ready to leave) and grabbed her hand and pulled her into an empty classroom.

"I'm sorry you had to see that, Lacey. I didn't know.. I didn't know if you'd ever speak to me again. You didn't write. You didn't want to see me," he said softly to her.

"Please don't apologize to me, it's my fault. You deserve to be happy. And if Katie makes you happy then that's good," she said back, forcing a smile.

"That was the first time it happened. I don't even know what came over us," Fred said to her, "are you back for good?"

"Yeah," she said softy, replaying the scene she just witnessed.

"That's great. I've missed you so much," he smiled at her.

"I missed you, too."

He tucked a loose hair behind her ear and she smiled shyly at him.

"I'm so sorry I treated you so terribly. I didn't mean anything I said. I was just so upset. I'm better now. I was going to write to you but I wanted to tell you in person how stupid I had been to ever push you away," she rambled.

He nodded his head, remembering everything she put him through, "let's get breakfast."

She could tell Fred wasn't ready to talk yet. They walked out of the room and to the Great Hall. Angelina ran up to her and hugged her, having heard she was back from George.

"I'm so happy you're back. I realized you're my only real 'girl' friend and it's been horrible stuck with those boys," she sighed.

Lacey giggled a little, "I have so much to talk to you about later."

The two girls caught up over breakfast. Lacey wasn't bold enough to place herself between the twins as she normally did, so she sat across from Fred and next to Angelina.

Lacey obviously had no idea about the internal battle Fred was having with himself.

He had told himself numerous times that if she came back into his life she wouldn't play that same role she did before. She'd be far less important to him and he was trying to move on, but one look into her bright green eyes made Fred forget those promises he made to himself in order to protect his heart. He watched her as she spoke animatedly to Angelina about everything they had missed in each others lives and felt a small smile creep onto his face.