TWENTY

20 | GEOGRAPHY

20 | GEOGRAPHY

   WINTER had been confident she could tutor Harry for a solid five minutes before she realized he was listening to nothing she was saying. Rather, he either interrupted her with some flirty comment or he was doing as he was now—staring at her stocking covered legs.

Winter was annoyed. She understood that Harry was more physically inclined than book-smart, but he could still be making an effort.

"Harry," Winter snapped causing Harry to lose his dazed look and bring his striking eyes back up to meet hers. Winter shivered at the look he was giving, the pirate biting his lip as though he had been thinking not the most appropriate thoughts.

Winter sniffed, hoping that she had simply been reading one too many romance novels and had the completely wrong idea on what he had been thinking about.

"Haven't you been paying attention in your chivalry class? I am pretty sure the first lesson clearly states that one should always listen to another who is speaking to them," Winter sassed in a dry manner.

Harry's eyebrows shot up in surprise, the pirate leaning back in his chair with a confused look on his face. "How do ya' know that, ain't chivalry only meant to be taken by guys?"

Winter's face remained stoic, "yes, but I know everything," she answered without a beat causing Harry to look even more thrown off.

Sometimes Winter would say or do something that was so unpredicted that it would throw even Harry—who was the king of unpredictable. After a moment, Harry blinked while shaking his head.

Suddenly, without warning, Harry's own unpredictable and insane nature came about and he was laughing like a madman. A few students looked over and the librarian threw a glare in their direction but said nothing.

Winter was unsure why Harry was laughing but simply allowed him to continue on. She noticed Lonnie who was sitting with Jane a few tables away raise a brow to her, motioning to Harry who was now laughing so hard he had to put his head down on the table to muffle his loud guffaws. It was apparent she was questioning what Winter did that was so funny.

Winter only shrugged truly not knowing the answer.

"Why are you laughing?" Winter demanded a few seconds later, his hysterics ceasing.

Harry brought his head back up and looked at her in a greatly amused manner. "Because you're funny, lass," he explained while calming down.

Winter pursed her lips, not seeing how she was funny but saying nothing about it. She knew Harry was partly insane, but she didn't mind as all the best people were. As long as Harry was not harming anybody, let him be who he wanted she figured.