• 50 •

A pair of arms wrapped around Cecil, catching her smoothly. The man glided through the air, the soldiers scattered to avoid Zasiok from landing on them.

"Thank you, Zasiok," Cecil breathed out and Zasiok set her down gently.

Cecil winced, rubbing at her sore back and Zasiok regarded her with a concerned frown.

"I'm alright, just a little sore."

Someone rushed at them, not giving them a break, and Zasiok subdued them instantly.

Cecil eventually realised Zasiok had left his parents to save her, and she panicked. "Wait, Zasiok, what about your parents?!"

"My master is with them, no one will hurt them when my master is there." He answered and Cecil sighed in relief.

"Oh, thank god."

Zasiok stared at Cecil, his lips curving faintly.

When he saw Hana and Cecil stepping in, an inexplicable feeling rose up within him, especially when Cecil helped to free him.

They...didn't need to do it at all. They had no obligations.

His rage was taking over him, when he picked up Hana's voice crying out for Cecil. That was when he saw her, helpless in the air, and his rage simmered, his mind instantly fixated on saving her.

"I should be thanking you instead, along with Hana."

Cecil patted the dirt off her clothes, and Zasiok fended off a few more attackers with ease.

"Don't thank us just yet, we are still in danger," Cecil sighed, gesturing towards the crazed king. "He clearly wants your blood, very desperately."

"Kill them, just kill them all! Don't let a single one of them go!"

Zasiok scoffed at the king, who had a crazed look in his eyes while hiding behind his guards. His immaculate appearance was no longer there.

What a bastard.

Zasiok then ducked from a fireball, finding a javelin on the ground and flinging it back at his attackers. Cecil quickly joined the fight, and the two of them stood back to back, advancing as the number of soldiers confronting them dwindled.

"We need to find Hana and Xue." Cecil stated.

Zasiok hummed in agreement, before he paused. "Who the hell is Xue?"

Cecil remembered they never had a proper introduction with one another. The way he spoke resembled Xue, and it amused Cecil.

"You'll know soon enough."

She conjured up a wall one side to block the incoming attacks. She proceeded to force the wall to push their pursuers away.

"...Cecil, I know what you risked to help me, and I...can't thank you enough for that. Both Hana and you."

Her composure faltered, her haughty mein replaced by a troubled frown. Cecil didn't feel comfortable, accepting his words just like that.

"I...hesitated, Zasiok," Cecil admitted, guilty. "I was unwillingly to help, but after Hana made the first move, it made me realise my mistake of hesitating."

Zasiok was astonished.

Why does she feel guilty?

It wasn't her duty to aid him, not in the slightest bit. She didn't even owe him any favour.

He even used her as a hostage!

Zasiok didn't know how to respond.

Cecil spotted Xue and Hana in the crowd, and she lit up. It was better if they were all together, so that they could find a safe way out.