Bonus Chapter

"You can do it this time." I patted Vivian's back and took a safe step backward.

The said girl stuck her tongue out at me and then focused back on the empty grass in front of her. We were standing in the middle of the training meadow, waiting.

"Are you sure we should let her have another try?" Kasey leaned closer to me while keeping her eyes on her girlfriend. "I don't want to end up in the middle of a blizzard again."

"I can hear you." Vivian spun around to glare at the two of us.

"That means you're not concentrating enough," Kasey said. "Focus."

With a loud huff Vivian whirled back around and focused her eyes on the blue stone she was clutching in her hands. Seconds ticked by before she finally whispered the right words and the air surrounding us began to thicken.

A swirling portal grew in front of us until it settled in a human-sized circle.

"Let's go." Kasey nodded with her head at the blue mass, but Vivian remained rooted to her spot.

"Gabriela should go first." She smiled sweetly at me. "She is, after all, the High Priestess."

"No way." I shook my head and took a small step backward. After the last time, there was no way I was ever stepping first through a portal Vivian created.

"Then you go, Kasey." Vivian turned to her girlfriend, who was still standing right beside me.

"It's your portal. You should go first."

Vivian glared at her and then slowly turned around to face the swirling portal. Yet as second ticked by she made no move to step forward.

"Fine." Kasey stalked forward and glared at Vivian, who shot her another sweet smile. "You were thinking about the throne room, right?"

"Yes." Vivian nodded.

With one last deep inhale Kasey stepped through the portal, and Vivian followed immediately after. I hesitated for a few more seconds in front of the portal to mentally prepare for whatever was waiting for me on the other side. Then I stepped through.

"Again? What in the name of the Spirit were you thinking about?"

"I swear I was thinking about the throne room," Vivian whined. "There's something wrong with this portal stone."

She shook the stone in front of Kasey's face, while I took in our surroundings. The floor covered with the red carpet and the softly lit hallway told me that while we weren't inside the throne room, we had at least landed inside the werewolf castle.

"I was definitely thinking about the throne room when I spoke those words," Vivian continued.

Right then my eyes landed on four figures not even six steps away from us.

"Vivian, Kasey," I said. "We're not alone."

Two male werewolves with broad shoulders stood in the back and the stiffness of their spines told me they were both of high positions. They were probably here for the meeting Theo had called. A meeting I knew I was running late for.

"Luna Queen."

The whisper had my eyes snapping forward to the two females in front of the Alphas. The brown-haired she-wolf who had spoken had her denim eyes wide open and was gazing at me with a slack mouth. I guessed this was her first time to meet her so-called Luna Queen.

I glanced to her right, but instead of another she-wolf like I expected, my eyes landed on a pair of perfectly arched eyebrows and dark rounded eyes.