Sunday Dinner

Hermione

Today was Sunday. The day Charlie was leaving for Romainia. There would be a going away dinner to say our farewells and then he was leaving, right after dinner. I tried not to think about how he slept beside me the last two nights to keep my nightmares at bay, or when he woke up he stayed beside me until i woke up. Or when he would say 'good morning' in a husky morning voice that made my insides lurch. Or when he teased me about my messy hair in the morning with a twinkle in his eyes. It was all coming to an end, and I hated it.

"Hermione! Lunch is ready!" Molly called me from downstaris. Lunch? Already?! Had i really been thinking about Charlie leaving for three hours?The day was going by far too quickly.

"Coming!" I rushed quickly down the stairs and into the dining room. The entire family was seated around the table, well, with the exeption of Ron. I sat down inbetween Charlie and Harry and started to serve myself. We were having homemade macaroni and cheese with boiled brocoli and garlic bread, Charlie's second favorite meal. Lunch was plesant and we had some fun, joking and teasing. I kept glancing at Charlie and he kept glancing at me. I caught him a few times and im sure that he caught me too.

"I have to say, im going to miss you, Hermione." Charlie whispered in my ear. His breath tickling my neck, sending shivers down my spine.

"Im going to miss you too, Charlie." I smiled at him sadly.

Once everyone was done eating the boys and Ginny decided to have one more Quidditch game with Charlie. I decided to watch as they played, never really understanding the game thoroughly. She knew some of the rules but knew their were many. She watched as Charlie spotted the snitch and went head to head with Harry, pulling ahead at the last second to catch the snitch, winning the game for his team.

"Well, your a good seeker Charlie! Real competition is nice, compared to the other seekers Ive competed against! Good win!" Harry complimented Charlie.

"Ah, thanks Harry, your not so bad yourself, im pretty rusty."

●●●●●

It was almost dinner time. We were having many people over, the weasley cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents and Ron.

I'm terrified to see Ron again, and I hate to have to see Charlie off.

"Hermione! The guests will be here any minute!" Ginny yelled for me to come down. I was in a dress, deciding to clean up nicely for Charlies farewell.

 I was in a dress, deciding to clean up nicely for Charlies farewell

Her hairstyle.

Her dress.

She walked down the stairs and ment out to the back yard. There was a tent and a nice sign that read 'FAREWELL CHARLIE' on it. It was really quite beautiful. There were no guests yet but they would be arriving at any moment.

"Hermione! You look great!" Ginny came up beside me, looking me up and down.

"Thanks Gin! You look good too!"

Her dress was similar to mine, only it was floor length and red flowers and a white belt around her waist.

She smiled, "Thanks 'mione, Harry seemes to think so too!"

I laughed, "I bet he does!"

The guests have started to arrive and Hermione went around, a little chit chat here and there.

Soon, it was time for dinner. She thanked merlin Ron and Lavender werent here yet.

We all sat down to eat, Charlie accrss from me and Ginny to my right with Fred to my left. There were two empty seats beside Charlie on his left side and on his right was Bill. There was steak and asparagus with baked potato and corn. There were a few toasts and Charlies close friends said their farewells. They knew they wouldnt be seeing him for a few years, because thats what always happened when he left.

"Sorry im late everybody! But I had to get rid of the last of someone's filthy bras and panties."

My face immediately turned red with embarrassment. It was Ron and clinging to his arm was Lavender. She giggled slightly as everyone was staring at the two newcomers.

"Well they werent mine!" She looked directly to me. People started to follow her gaze and stare at me with displeasure. My eyes started to water and I quickly got up and ran to the burrow, everyone's eyes following me.

"Hermione, wait!" It was Charlie. He had come after me. I turned and faced him, tears streaming down my cheeks.

"Is it too late to come with you?" He smiled at me and hugged me tight.

"Its never too late." I smiled and hugged him back tightly.

"Im going to go and pack." He nodded.

"Want some help?"

"Itll just take me two seconds, ill be right back." I ran upstairs and magically packed my belongings. Everything flew into my beaded bag.

A few minutes later I came back down and found Charlie saying his goodbyes.

"Are you ready, Charlie?" I spoke from the door. Ginny looked between Charlie and I.

"Your going with him? Since when?"

"Yes, im going with him. Since I decided to."

Ginny immediately ran to me and gave me a bone crushing hug. Followed by the rest of the Weasleys (with the exception of Ronold and Charlie) and Harry.

"You take care of yourself Hermione." Harry whispered in my ear as he hugged me.

"Bye, I love you guys." Charlie came to stand with me and we apparated to Romainia.