41: FORESIGHT

Have you eaten today? Are you staying hydrated? Please get to sleep at a reasonable time, and don't forget to take your meds if you need to!

Enjoyy!!

Discord server, if you know exactly why you walk and talk like a machine: https://discord.gg/DSBF4dP

gg/DSBF4dP

~

"I guess you didn't get my text," Izuku commented as he jogged into place next to his mentor, who jumped in surprise and froze.

"Don't sneak up on me like that, my boy," Toshinori sighed, a hand clutching the fabric of his All Might work-out gear over his heart.

"Sorry," he giggled, trying to hide his smile with a palm. "I tend to do that a lot."

"It's fine, it's fine." The man waved him off, and the two of them started jogging again. "I don't have my phone on me, sorry – did you need something, Young Izuku?"

"Oh, um... That is a good question..." Izuku trailed off, doing his best to remember. "Uh, well, it's always good to have a partner when running so if you get hurt then you're not alone, and um..." He clicked his fingers with a noise of realisation, hopping a little ahead to do a victorious twirl before falling back into step with his bemused mentor. "Right! Now's probably a good time to tell you that I know about Nighteye-san's prediction about you."

Toshinori came to an abrupt halt, posture stiff. "Ah. Did he... tell you?"

Izuku snorted scornfully. "Did he tell me-" He shook his head, moving to stand in front of the man, blocking the amber light of sunset and casting a shadow upon his mentor. "No, he didn't. That prediction and your consequent indifference of your personal health caused this rift between you, right?"

The man dipped his head a little and had the decency to look guilty. "That's right..."

"I really wish the two of you would just make up, but you're both so stubborn," he huffed, crossing his arms. "I mean, come on, if Kacchan and I can be friends after everything that happened between us, there's little stopping you from doing the same! You could be such a good team again, and even aside from all the professional benefits you're missing out on, you're also losing the chance to make memories – but it's never too late to apologise and try again and make those memories, okay?"

"My boy," Toshinori began hesitantly, blue eyes aglow within the shadows. "Are you saying all of this because... Nighteye's prediction came true? Am I dead in the future?"

"You know I can't share things like that, Toshi-san," Izuku said apologetically, letting his arms fall back to his sides.

He wilted. "So I suppose it must be true... With health like mine, there's no likelihood of me lasting much longer, but I had hoped-"