[29] Repressed Emotions

L O V I N G
L A K Y N

I DID NOT know where I was. The hallway looked unfamiliar, the walls painted with grey as my eyebrows knitted together with confusion.

Often, my brain is practically a memory holding center. I remember everything—though names I am unapologetically slightly slow with—from moments to conversations. I hold grudges and I do not forgive easily, in order to hold a grudge, you have to permanently remember why, therefore my memory is naturally stronger than the average person.

But this place, it felt eerie. It made my stomach feel uneasy. I could feel it within me that I knew this place, but my memory was battling against me telling me that I do not know it. 

Where on earth am I?

it was as though I had been hypnotized to forget this place, every part of me was fighting to not remember it as I continued further down the hall.

The lights flickered and I gasped before they turned back on and suddenly Kian Carrington was there, standing in front of the first door on the left, looking somewhat intimidating as he portrayed an intimidating stance, his face stone cold as he glared at the wall opposite him as though it was a real person of which he despised.

The lights flickered yet again, though this time they stayed off for what felt like sixty seconds or so, before they came back on.

A flash of blonde hair by-passed me and then brown hair too. I recognized the grey hoodie and jeans as well as the striped shirt and black jeans on the other boy.

It was Hale and Lakyn. They were sprinting towards Kian and I began following after them.

"Hale!" I shouted as I stopped behind the two of them.

Hale ignored me before his fist flew into Kian's jaw, an awful crunch audible before Lakyn took a swing at the same spot on the opposite side.

I cringed, my eyes wide as I grasped Hale's arm, tugging him but my hands just slipped through his skin as though I was a ghost.

I stared at my hands confusedly before trying again, but it was of no use. My fingers seemed to slip through everything like water.

Lakyn and Hale continued to beat Kian as though he was completely meaningless and worth nothing but dead. Why Kian? I do not personally like the imbecile either, but Lakyn is turning him purple like Violet from Charlie and The Chocolate Factory when she ate that gum.

It did not take me long before I realized that none of this was right. It was as though I was sitting in front of the television, watching but unable to control the channel as I seemed incapable of finding the remote. 

My cries and screams were useless as I watched my brother and his evil partner in crime brutally bashing this boy.

I fell to my knees, my limbs feeling frail and useless as I observed the horrific scene of violence happening directly in front of me.

I may be heartless and completely apathetic, but violence is something of which I am not fond of—like most people—it is scary and not just because of the physical violence, but the rush it gives the villains, the murderous and racing thoughts that go through their head as they rip each other to shreds.

I expected this from Lakyn because he is a monster capable of monstrous things but Hale. . .he is like a fallen angel expelled from heaven. He is dark and beautiful, despite being different, but on the inside, he means no harm unless it is his given karma. 

One thing of which Hale and I have in common—and Lakyn too, I suppose—is that we like to handle our karma rather than waiting patiently for the universe to deal with it.