It looks like everything is going all right. For 5 minutes.

~~~*~~~
And I know that in the morning
I'll wake up in the shivering cold
~~~*~~~

[Y/n]'s POV

After physics, Nya helped me find my next lesson. Math. One of my many weaknesses. I can do basic maths, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division. But as soon as anyone mentions fractions or algebra, I'm dead.

"My brothers in this lesson with you I'll tell him to be nice." Nya chuckled.

She waved over a boy dressed in a red jacket and blue jeans. I looked up to greet him. I held back laughter, his hair looked like sonic, but not blue.

"Hi, My name is Kai." He said, his arm outstretched to shake my hand.

"[Y/n], I-I like," I stopped myself from giggling, "I like your hedgehog."

The look of confusion on his face set me off, Tears shimmered down my eyes. Nya laughed with me.

" I don't have a hedge- ... oh "

I laughed even harder. " I-I'm sorry ... I just couldn't help it." I gasped between laughs.

"It's alright my friend Lloyd calls me off-brand sonic."

"Lloyd...." I muttered.

"Oh, you've heard about his dad..." Nya said, instantly the laughter stopped.

"Wha- Whose dad."

"Oh nothing, never mind." Kai quickly changed the tone.

The bell rang above our heads, making me jump.

"Well I've got to go... to Social, Bye." Nya said walking away.

"Shall we." I said, turning to Kai.

"Let's." Kai replied.

I sat next to Kai. "What type of maths are we doing?" I asked

"Algebra." Kai, huffed.

"Nooo.... why me?"

"Hey, don't worry I can help." Kai said, smiling.

"You know how to do algebra, are you a god!" I whisper shouted.

"Well... I am a god, but no I can't do algebra, but I'll still help." Kai shrugged.

"This is bad...."

A teacher walked in. His eyes panned around the room and stopped when he saw me.

"And you are..." He said, pointing at me.

Chairs creaked as people craned to look at me. Eyes stared at me, again.

" I'm [Y/n]... I'm new." I said twiddling with my soulmate string.

"Well [Y/n] welcome to Ninjago City High, I hope you settle in quickly. I'm Mr Ramirez."

I calmed down, I thought he was going yell at me. We settled down and no one was staring at me anymore. I bent my head over my work.

Question 1

-3x + 7 =
AN(I don't know algebra so don't @ me if it doesn't make sense.)

I stared at the paper on the table.
'what does this even mean.'
I switched my gaze over at Kai, He had the same look on his face as me. Our faces screamed ' WHAT IS THIS WITCHCRAFT ' I sighed and looked back down at the paper. 5 minutes past and I was still staring at the same question. I was too scared to ask the teacher for help. I was 15 years old, turning 16 in a matter of months. I shouldn't be this scared to ask a damn question.

'I wonder if the principle told all my teachers about my "situation" what if they think I have like problems? what if they think I need help? '

An alarm sounded suddenly and everyone hid under their desks. I followed their actions. Down the corridor I heard voices shout "Thanks Lloyd!"
Kai stood up and asked for a bathroom pass. He then grabbed his bag and ran out the classroom. I still didn't understand what was going on, I did know that my soulmate could be in the classroom right next to me.

I looked over to the desk next to me, two girls cowering underneath it spotted me. They must of seen my look of confusion because they told me what was happening.

"Lord Garmadon is attacking the city, he's constantly trying to take over, it's all Lloyd's fault." One of the girls whispered to me.

I looked down at the red string around my ring finger. It didn't act like normal string, it could pass through everything except you. It shimmered occasionally.

"Who is this Lloyd I keep hearing about and how is it his fault?" I asked looking back up at the two girls.

"You don't know who Lloyd Garmadon is?!" The other girl whisper shouted at me, "He's Lord Garmadons son, so clearly it's his fault. He probably helps his dad plan the attacks."

Is Lloyd Garmadon the same Lloyd who has the other end of my soulmate string!