83|atrophy

We're getting towards proper Void and I'm excited.

I also may have figured out how many chapters are left in this book.

----------

When I woke up the next morning, I found that someone had wrapped a blanket around me. I guessed that it was Melissa, since Stiles was still asleep.

Pulling myself into a seated position, I carried my chair closer to Stiles' bed. Sitting back down, I leaned forward to hold his hand. His breathing was steady, so I only hoped he was sleeping peacefully. I wasn't able to admit it, but after everything that had just happened, there was definitely something wrong with Stiles.

I only hoped that it was something we'd be able to fix. Supernaturally or not.

It was early afternoon, so they must've given him a pretty strong sedative. I traced the veins running down the inside of his arm with my finger, before linking our hands. Stiles was a good person; he didn't deserve any of the negativity that entered his life, and yet he was constantly drawing the short straw.

I was considering going and getting some food for when he woke up, until I heard talking outside of the room. It was the Sheriff and Mrs McCall. 

Out of worry and curiosity, I focused in on them.
"I think I know what you're talking about. I've been writing these down for the past two weeks," I heard the Sheriff say softly.

What were they talking about? What had he written down?

"I think we need to do some tests," he told the woman.

I felt every vein in my body turn as cold as ice. That was usually never something you wanted to hear in a hospital. And especially in such a solemn tone.

"Squeezing a bit hard there, don't you think?" A croaky voice asked.

I looked down, to see that Stiles was awake, his eyes on me as he smiled. Letting go of my iron clad grip on his hand, I pushed forward, practically jumping on him.
"Thank God," I gasped as I wrapped my arms around him. "Stiles, what happened?"

He took a shaky breath, hugging me back, "I'm honestly not sure, Ri. I woke up, and everything was dark, and my leg was hurting, and I. . . I don't know. I'm sorry, I wish I did."

"Hey, you don't need to apologise," I told him as I shifted to sit beside him on the bed. "I'm just glad you're here, and you're alive."

We lay there together, quietly holding each other. But that all came to a halting stop, when Mr Stilinski and Mrs McCall entered the room.

♡♢♤♧

At about six thirty Mr Stilinski, Mrs McCall, Charlotte, Scott, a doctor and I all stood in a medical examination room. And in the centre of the room, was an MRI machine, where Stiles was sitting in a blue hospital gown.

When his dad and Scott's mum had entered the room earlier, they had wanted to speak to Stiles alone. I was more than willing to go, but Stiles insisted that I stay

I had been hesitant, but I stayed. Sheriff Stilinski started talking about taking tests later that day because he was worried about him. Then he started talking about Stiles' mum, and that's when I started to worry.

After we had finished speaking, I had called Charlotte to tell her why I wouldn't be at school. She proceeded to call her work and get the day off so that she could be at the hospital to support Stiles and Mr Stilinski. She even brought food for everyone so we didn't have to have something from the vending machines. I had never been more grateful to her.