Four

'Prefects'

"First years with me, please!" Lori gestured to herself and McLaggen as they both rose from the Gryffindor table, the other fifth year prefects doing the same for their own houses

The Gryffindor eleven year olds shuffled towards them both, some of them from other houses waved at Lori as they went.

"Okay," she began once she had checked they had them all, "so, McLaggen and I are going to take you to the Common Room. It's where you all sleep and socialize and the notice board by the entrance has all sorts of information on it."

With a smile, Lori turned to leave, the first years eagerly following in her wake, McLaggen staying at the back to make sure none of them got lost.

Various gasps came from behind her as they saw the moving staircases and portraits for the first time. Some prodded their new friends, while others just gaped in awe.

They managed to get both the Gryffindor and Ravenclaws onto the same staircase before it moved, seeing as they were both going to towers, rather than the dungeons or the kitchens.

"So," Lori smiled down at both sets of first years "what's your favourite thing about Hogwarts so far?"

"The Great Hall is so cool!" a Ravenclaw boy piped up, with several nods from his friends.

"I love the look of the lake. Do you ever swim in it?" a Gryffindor girl asked.

"Only when it's warm." Lori explained, the first years rippling into excited chatter, "And there is a huge squid that is known to spray you with water if you sit on the edge, he likes to play, you see."

McLaggen rolled his eyes at the other end of the stair case, but the sheer look of delight on their faces was enough for Lori.

She waved goodbye to the Ravenclaw prefects when they had to split to go to their own tower, giving one of the first years she had met on the train a quick high five.

After another set of moving staircases filled with questions, they reached the Fat Lady's portrait, her pink dress cascading over the sides of the chair she was perched on.

"Miss Weasley, it's so good to see you again." she greeted when they got close enough, "I hope you had a good summer."

"I hope you did, too." Lori replied, smiling.

"Password?"

Lori looked around at the first years, gesturing for them to listen up, "Fairy Lights."