47: FABLE

Your weekly reminder to eat, drink, sleep, and medicate if necessary!! Do it. I dare you.

Enjoy!! <3

Discord server, if you're going into the unknooownnn: https://discord.gg/DSBF4dP

gg/DSBF4dP

~

"Look, look!" Ashido exclaimed, stretching out her arms. "Look at me!"

For a few beats she did a little footwork, hopping from side to side, then flung herself up into a airborne spin and landed on one palm with her legs kicked out, before dropping into a twirling breakdance. Hagakure and Sero cheered her on enthusiastically, and the rest of the kids in the classroom observed in awe. Izuku couldn't help but smile, buoyed by the excitement of his friends. Aoyama sidled into place next to him, bitterly remarking how Ashido had wronged him over the school year. He let out a soft laugh, only to freeze as Ashido's attention snapped to him and she leapt back to her feet.

"Midori, you fight like a dancer – I challenge you to a dance-off!" Ashido proclaimed, pointing a threatening pink finger at him.

Izuku threw up his hands in a panicked surrender, consequently accidentally launching his notebook across the room. "W-what? Ashido-chan, um, I-"

"Ugh, just copy what I do, then we'll see how good you are," she groaned, raising her boxed arms. "Okay, boy, let's dance!"

"You've got this, Deku-kun!" Ochako interjected with a supportive grin.

Ashido moved into a simple two-step, padding forwards and back, then left and right, swinging her arms along with each movement. He observed carefully, already slightly mimicking her actions to practise, then fully copying her. Ashido let out a whoop of delight, clapping her hands together and sparking the others into elated applause.

"I told you! It's not that different from learning how to fight!" She said happily, then shifted back into a neutral stance. "Okay, try this – s'called the Grapevine!"

Ashido stepped to the right, brought her left foot behind, then moved right again with a slight bodyroll and a smooth arm movement, before retracing her steps in the same fashion and repeating the move a few times. She looked up at her opponent, clicking finger-guns towards him, and he obligingly matched the dance, much to her glee.

"Damn, Midori," she whistled, then her face lit up in devious joy. "Since you're super strong and I know you can carry me easily, you wanna try a lift?"

He automatically nodded, even though it felt like signing a death sentence, and her smile grew even more sinister as she whipped out her phone. She stepped in close and showed him a brief tutorial of a lift called The Travelling Basket – a move which left no possibility of him accidentally dropping his friend on her face. Izuku watched it a couple more times before he was sure he could do it perfectly, then widened his stance and draped his arm around Ashido's waist, and she put aside her phone to curve her arm over his shoulders. They both lowered their poses to lean into the movement, and he placed one hand on her stomach to lift her and turn both of them in a few circles with Ashido's legs extended elegantly. He raised his free hand to grasp the back of her thigh, continuing to spin along a loose line as she lifted her legs and settled in a comfortable bridal-style carry in his arms.