Doubts

RINDE - Redania

She opened her eyes and started staring at ceiling. She was thinking. Is he really worth it? Did he really mean his words? She was feeling something, something strange. She's never felt that way before. Every romance what she's had were always for her own pleasure. Maybe with Istrred it was different but with Geralt it was special. His touches, the way he speaks, his eyes.. it was so confusing for her. She's never met someone like him in her life. The witcher. It was a coincidence or destiny that they met? She started thinking more about it but at first she wanted to look at him. She turned her head to him but he wasn't there. She shaked her head and slowly stood up.
"Every man is the same.. when he's pleased, he leave without saying a word.." Yennefer said angrily but she was more disappointed than angry.

It was almost midday and Geralt was sitting in the Inn at the end of the town. He drank already four beers and he ordered more. He needed to think. Things which happened yesterday really changed his life. Literally. He didn't know what to do next. Should he stay with her? Should he leave her and go to the path again? But how can he leave her after everything what they been through together? He knew he can't do it, not after things what happened. He condemned himself to her. Every time without her will be hard now. He should be with her, take care of her. He knew she can take care of herself, she proved it many times, but still, worry from losing her was killing him. Maybe was Dea right. Maybe she was that extraordinary woman who he was dreaming of his whole life. He needed more time to absorb everything what just happened but he already knew that his life won't be ever the same like before.
Suddenly well known voice interrupted him from his thoughts.
"Geralt? Oh.. finally. I was looking for you in the whole town." Jaskier frowned.
"Why? Do not tell me you that you missed me so much.." Geralt laughed a bit.
"Don't flatter yourself, I can survive without you." Jaskier crossed his arms.
"I'm not so sure." Geralt was teasing him.
"Back to the topic. Someone special for you now.. I guess, is looking for you. She wants to see you immediately. To be honest, she doesn't have very friendly mood." Jaskier sat down on the chair. Geralt frowned.
"Hmm.. How did she find you?" Geralt asked him.
"I don't know. I rented the room in the Inn close to the main market. I was sleeping, I had very beautiful dream about.." the witcher interrupted him.
"To the point Jaskier."
"You always destroy my excitement.." Jaskier frowned. "So.. I had that dream and then I suddenly woke up because somebody hit me into my chest. Guess who it was.. your new devil friend.." Jaskier faked his smile.
"She's not my friend." Geralt explained.
"Oh' sorry, then your girlfriend.." the bard rolled his eyes.
"Neither girlfriend." Geralt said calmly. It was true. He didn't know what kind of relationship they have.
Jaskier sighed.
"I don't care who she is to you Geralt.. but what I know that she's very scary when she is angry.. and I really wonder why.." he looked suspiciously at Geralt.
"I needed to think." Geralt was defending himself.
"Geralt if you haven't noticed it yet, then you should. She's not a person with whom you can do whatever you want." Jaskier was honest.
"Trust me, I found out it already. I'll take responsibility for my doubts." he sighed. "Anyway, she had to use location spell on you.." Geralt explained. Jaskier looked at him confused. He didn't understand all these spells and magic.
"You know she told me, I quote.. Tell your irresponsible friend to visit me and he rather shouldn't let me wait too long.." Jaskier said calmly.
"I will go after her. But I wanted some time in peace before the storm. You know what I mean.." Geralt said honestly. The bard nodded. Geralt drank his beer.

Jaskier interrupted the quiet between them.
"Anyway.. how did you manage to stop the Djinn? I wanted to ask you that but you were very busy.. obviously." Jaskier was teasing him.
"Very funny.." the witcher faked his smile. "I said the last wish and I freed him."
"What did you wish for?" Jaskier was excited.
"Maybe I'll tell you one day.." Geralt said sarcastically.
"Witchers and yours secrets... you are annoying." Jaskier was offended. Geralt didn't answer. He drank his beer and he stood up. Jaskier looked at him.
"I have a feeling that conversation will be harder than fight with a monster.." Geralt took a deep breath.
"No doubt Geralt.. then I wish you good luck." Jaskier was honest.
Geralt then left from the Inn. The whole way he was thinking what he will tell her.

Yennefer was sitting on the sofa in her house and she was reading the book about Elder Blood. She heard a quiet knock on the door. She knew, it was him. When he entered into the room, she raised her eyes on him. She didn't say anything. She was still mad at him. He stood up in front of her. She narrowed her eyes on him then she started reading again. After couple of seconds of silence, the witcher started talking first.
"I needed some time alone.." he explained.
"You could tell me." she was strict. She didn't look at him.
"You were sleeping.. I didn't want to wake you up." Geralt sighed.
She didn't answer.
"I needed to think about everything what happened.." he lowered his eyes.
She stopped reading and put the book on the small table, then she stood up and she went towards him.
"Excuses and excuses. You don't know anything else Geralt?" Yennefer was strict. It hurt her what he did and she didn't want to forgive him so easily. She will show him that she isn't just any woman..
"I was searching for you when I woke up, but you wasn't there.. You left without saying any word!" she raised her voice.
"I'm sorry.. I didn't want to hurt you Yen." he answered very calmly. Thanks to his abilities he can't be provoked so quickly. Right now he was grateful for that.
"You're just sorry? Do you have any idea how I felt Geralt? Used.. I though you're different for fuck sake!" her eyes was on fire. She was ready to slap him.
Geralt needed to calm her down before she will explode with anger and kill him. He knew she is dangerous when she is angry. He then made a quick choice.
He came closer to her and he softly put his hands on her face and he tried to calm her down.
"What are you doing?!" she wanted to escape from his hands.
"Calm down Yennefer. Please. I want to explain everything to you, but you need to calm down first." he looked straight into her eyes and then he embraced her. She was hitting him to his back but after couple of seconds she calmed down. She started enjoying his embrace.

"I needed to think.. I needed to think how my life will look like when you're a part of my life now." he sighed. She embraced him more.
"I don't know how can I go on the path again. What if something happens to you when I won't be with you. How can I focus on something when I always need to think about you now." Geralt said honestly. She looked straight into his eyes.
"Witcher, I can take care of myself. You don't have to be always by my side." Yennefer said kindly.
"But I want to be Yen.." Geralt put his hands around hers neck and then he put his forehead on hers. Their noses met.

 Their noses met

"That smell.. I can't get it from my head." he closed his eyes.
Yennefer smiled and caressed his face then she slowly kissed him on his lips.
He then understood. He understood that he'd never desire any others lips than hers, so soft and moist, sweet with lipstick. He knew that, from that moment, only she would exist, her neck, shoulders, breasts freed from her black dress. Her delicate, cool skin, which couldn't be compared to any other he had ever touched. He gazed into her violent eyes. Eyes blazing erect, slander, dark, terrible. He saw the most beautiful eyes in the world which he feared would become everything.
He knew.
This eyes already became everything for him.

They started kissing passionately. Geralt started unzipped her black dress. But after couple of seconds she stopped him.
"Wait.. we'll have plenty of time on this later." Yennefer said seductively. "I have a work for you."
He looked at her confused.
"Well, technically.. Beau have the work for you and he also wants to see you immediately because of things you have done.." she caressed his face and smiled at him.
"He can wait." he told her and he tried to kiss her again. But she moved away her head and he only kissed her on her cheek.
"Yen.. don't play with me again.." he frowned.
"I'm not.. Don't worry, I'll play more with you in the bed.." she softly slap him on his face and she went to fix her face.
Geralt was standing there just amazed by her.

THE END: Chapter 10