Epilogue

"Dante, stop, we have work to do." I pushed him off before going back to my laptop where I was emailing our investors for the grand party that was going to be taking place tomorrow.

We usually didn't pass notice this late, as in, just in a day or two late, but because the Ceo of the company Mr. Dante Knight forgot to inform me about the grand function that was organised tomorrow, I had to fill in extra hours to sweep the mess that he dusted.

"Let me work on you." He whispered, huskily in my ear and bit my earlobe making me close my eyes in pleasure and as much as I wanted to close the laptop and kiss the living daylights out of him, I had to be rational and finish the work.

"Babe, you have mentioned it many times how important tomorrow's gala is for you, so stop being a horny teen and let me complete my work in peace or else my boss will think that I am slacking on my work." I whispered back and gave him a small peck on the lips before going back to the laptop.

"I'm sure, your boss won't mind it, at all." He shut the laptop and pushed it aside before turning my chair and pulling his face closer.

"He won't?" I inched my face closer to his, so close that out lips almost brushed. I saw him gulping looking at my lips that I was purposefully biting because I knew how much it turned him on.

"No." His voice came out hoarse and low.

"Even if I messed up tomorrow's gala?" I bit his lip and he moaned, his eyes dark with lust.

"Yes."

"But I do mind." With that said, I pushed him away and turned my chair before starting the laptop again and going back to work, "So, do me a favor and don't distract me."

"Fuck, you really had to do me like that?"

"Yes, now go and sleep. I know you haven't been sleeping properly for the past few nights and you are not even telling me what's bothering you." I said, typing an email to one of our best investors, Mr. Shalon.

"It's just the gala." He replied, rubbing his face and sitting on the chair across, letting out a tired sigh.

"You know what's bothering me?"

"What?"

"That you have not told me what this gala is all about. All you said was it is really important for you and you don't want to mess it up, but that's it. What is it that you are hiding from me, Mr. Knight?" I turned my head towards him to which he instantly stood up and started walking away.

"You know what, you are right. I should go and get some sleep, I am really tired. Plus, you don't want me to disturb you, right?"

"Wait— babe, come back!" But he was already gone. He was acting really fishy these few days and my curiosity was reaching it's peak.

Dante and I had been in a relationship for almost four years now, infact, tomorrow was our four year anniversary and these four years of our life went by in a complete bliss. Never once had it occurred to me that I was better off without him, infact I felt lucky that I had a man like Dante by my side.

His possessiveness over the years had increased, apparantly, I had grown more beautiful and he didn't want any man to sweep me away from right under his nose. I had told him many times that he had nothing to be worried about, but I guess it was just an excuse for him to be protective over me without me questioning him.

After both of us completed our Degree in Business in Montreal itself, I started working in Knight & Co. as a personal assistant and I was hired for this post not just because I was Dante's AKA the Ceo's girlfriend, but also because I had done internship in this very company under Dante's father, the former Ceo of Knight & Co., also the one who kept giving me stinky eye until he realised I was not after anyone's money and then started treating me like his daughter, Paul Knight.