Chapter 1

C h a p t e r 1

(Solomon's Pov)

(Solomon's Pov)

I looked out the window of the -very unnecessary- limo I'm riding in. Tokyo was beautiful. The cherry blossom trees were in bloom and the buildings were breathtaking, it was unlike anything I've ever seen before. I did my fair share of research back at home about what Tokyo would look like and the customs, but actually seeing and physically being here hits different than the pictures from articles.

'Papa would have loved to see this,' I thought to myself, getting upset all over again.

This transition was hard.

———

Flashback

When we got back to the states, we had a few months to prepare for the new chapter in my life. First we had to tell my current school about my transfer so they would transfer all of the needed information to Ouran (my grades, test scores, etc) so they would determine which classes I would be in. We also had to get me a tutor to teach me at least some of the language before I would be shipped off over there. Then we had discuss my living arrangements and transportation in conference calls with Mr. Suoh,

I was also bombarded with interviews, whether they where for the paper or on the local news. My success was quickly circulated around the states and my grandfather was getting calls left and right from talk shows hosts wanting to feature me on their shows. Of course Papa made me do all of them. I even went to the White House and went on 'Good Morning America'.

Still no Ellen though.

My schedule was extremely busy, I was constantly being flown out, and it was a struggle keeping up with my schoolwork and tutoring. However, all of this wasn't the toughest part.

All of these things were easy compared to saying goodbye.

I told my friends what was happening right before school got out for summer vacation. Naturally they were upset, but they were mostly happy for me. We tried our best to make the most out of our summer and tried to act normal, but it was hard when I was so busy all the time. I didn't have time to go to the beach and I didn't have time to hangout. We probably spent approximately 30% of our total summer time together.

It tore me apart.

Then the months wound down into weeks, and the weeks turned into days. It was time for to pack all my belongings. The only things I didn't have to pack were my furniture, that didn't making packing any less time consuming though. It still cut into my limited time left I had with my friends.

I felt like shit. Don't get me wrong, I was ecstatic that I won and greatly appreciated all the attributes acquired from winning an international competition, but I just wasn't prepared for all of this.