°37°

"He's going to find us." Jaemin whispered to Donghyuck once they were hidden in the dungeons. "Hyuck, ghouls smell blood and I'm still bleeding."

Donghyuck pressed his hand onto Jaemin's bleeding wound and couldn't help but see the marks of claws around his fragile neck. 

"If he comes, you run and I'll try fight him." 

His words made Jaemin chuckle in the darkness of the room full of shiny goblets. That's when Donghyuck realized they were in the same room he and Mark played that night with the voodoo doll just to get the two out of there. 

"We'll both fight with him if he comes." 

"Meow." 

A soft voice made the two shut up and look around. Night was back to her original form and she ran to her owner to see if he was okay. 

"Meow." She jumped on Jaemin's leg and stared at his wound. 

"What the hell is she doing?" His best friend whispered just when the black cat licked his arm. 

Donghyuck frowned and took the cat in his arms. She was purring loudly and he felt a bit more safe knowing that his familiar was with him again. His attention went back on Jaemin when the wizard hissed and widened his eyes. 

"It's healing." He mumbled and the angel leaned closer to look at it. 

Jaemin was right, his wound was healing and actually really fast. 

"What kind of familiar do you own?" He asked Donghyuck who chuckled only. 

"A special one." The angel gave him a smile and caressed Night's head.

Suddenly, something really heavy fell down on the rough floor outside the room. It made a loud noise, as if something broke into pieces and it was followed by some heavy steps and a growl.

Donghyuck looked at Jaemin who was already trembling and his cat disappeared into the darkness again.

"You are such an idiot Jeno." A familiar voice spoke and Donghyuck's heart stopped.

He quickly stood up and exited the classroom, only for his eyes to be a little hurt by the green light from the hallway. After his eyes got used to the sudden light, the angel was finally able to see the two guys that were looking back at him.

Jeno was on the floor though, after he stumbled and fell, causing the statue of that devil to be shattered into pieces, but Mark had his eyes a bit wide.

Donghyuck felt tears forming and he didn't know what to do except for hugging Mark tight. He felt his arms wrapping around his waist and the werewolf's hot breath tickled his neck a bit. 

"It's fine." Mark whispered into his ear and hearing his voice calmed Donghyuck immediately. "You're safe now."

The angel already knew that and he actually felt safe in his arms. His only wish was to stay like that forever, but he was interrupted when Jisung arrived, followed by Renjun and Chenle. 

"What happened?" The vampire hissed as if was just woken up from his sleep. "I was playing cards with Jaehyun as a matter of fact." 

"No one cares about your uncle." The demon prince rolled his eyes and got a hiss. 

"What I mean is that he'll soon find out I lied you idiot." 

"Let's not fight." Jeno raised his voice and looked at Donghyuck. "What happened that Mark suddenly decided to go to war?" 

Everyone looked at the angel. His eyes landed on Jaemin who was now okay, despite the way he got attacked. 

"We were attacked by a ghoul." He finally spoke. "He's now somewhere in this school." 

"So you were right hyung." Jisung told Mark who nodded. 

"Sadly." 

"What are we gonna do now?" Renjun asked them. "Someone clearly send it to kill Donghyuck." 

"You are damn right." A voice spoke and they all froze. 

Donghyuck turned around and almost stumbled when he saw her, the witch from the stair case. She looked like their age, maybe few years older than them, but Donghyuck was sure the priest sent her. 

"Give me the angel and I'll spare your useless lives." 

A pair of red eyes appeared behind her and the ghoul growled, making the witch laugh. 

Donghyuck almost fell when Renjun bumped his shoulder on his way to the witch. What was he doing? He heard Jaemin shout after him to stop, but the vampire stopped only when he was few meters away from the witch. 

"You know you can't have him just like that right?" 

She chuckled, revealing a pair of long claws. 

"And if you want him, you have to defeat all of us first." 

"That's easy then."