°38°

"Kill the vampire." The witch spoke and the ghoul jumped from behind, right on Renjun, making him hit the floor hard enough to make him groan. "In the mean time, I'm gonna make sure the angel is mine." She laughed and started making her way to them. 

The three werewolves turned into their wolf form and stepped in front of Donghyuck who was looking at that crazy witch. She looked familiar, really familiar with her pale skin and light long hair, but the angel couldn't remember if he saw her or not. Maybe at the baptism, he thought and tried to remember, but there was no witch who looked like her there. 

Only....

His eyes widened and he stared at the witch who seemed amused by his reaction. 

"Took you some time, kid." She smirked. 

Donghyuck's heart started beating faster and he stumbled, ending up on the floor. He knew why she looked familiar, or should he say, he looked familiar. Chenle helped him get up and he asked him if he was okay, but the angel was too busy piecing the information together. 

Ten told them that the priest payed a visit and he also told them he didn't look like believing Ten's lies at all which meant that when he left the school, he only pretended. That blonde witch was The High Priest and she was the one who sent the ghoul after him. 

"W-We need t-to r-run." Donghyuck stuttered and looked at Jaemin and Chenle. 

"You can't run little angel." She said and snapped her fingers. A bright red circle of light surrounded her, but after a few seconds, there he stood, The High Priest, just like Donghyuck remembered, smirking at him. "Not while I'm still alive." 

The angel watched him clench his fist which made the ghoul let Renjun go. 

"Wait a minute." He paused and waited for the vampire to stumble back to his friends. "Killing you all like this wouldn't be fun for me. " He chuckled and took his wand out. "Let's play a game." 

Mark, Jeno and Jisung were back into their human form, but they were still standing in front of them. 

"If you manage to survive the night before my people catch you, then I will leave this angel and his friend alone." He gave them a cruel smile. "Does it sound fun?" 

"Fun?" Renjun chuckled and yelped in pain from his healing wound on his abdomen. "You crazy asshole." He hissed at him and The High Priest rolled his eyes. 

"Fine, then I'll just..." 

"We'll play." Donghyuck said and looked straight at the dark warlock. 

"Good." He clapped his hands and looked at the ghoul. "Let's just hope my friend  here won't kill you before even reaching The Forest." 

Jaehyun walked inside Taeyong's office, where the demon was playing chess with Ten. The two looked up from the game and waited for him to say something. 

"He's here." Jaehyun smirked and the vampire was the first to stand up. 

"What about Renjun?" 

"We hope he managed to get back to his room safe and sound." Jaehyun replied and looked at Taeyong. "You sent someone after Johnny right?" 

"They should be here soon." The demon replied and received a smile from Ten. 

"Thank you." 

"Thank me only after he's here and alive." 

Fair enough, Ten thought and left the room, to gather the rest of the vampires. Taeyong did the same with his demons, while Jaehyun dropped his body on the couch from Taeyong's office. 

A smirk formed his lips. 

"Let the night begin." He whispered and stared at the grey ceiling. 

"Do we follow the path?" Jisung asked once the seven of them entered the dark forest. The path started to get lighted by those flying lamps. 

"We separate." Mark replied and looked at everyone. "I'll go with Donghyuck, while you Jeno will go with Jaemin and Renjun. Jisung, you're with Chenle."  

"Let's meet at The Crystal Pool." Renjun suggested as they all had to walk in different parts of the forest so that the ghoul and the priest's people won't find them that easily. "And let's pray we'll still be alive after this night." 

"Since when do vampires pray?" Chenle asked and chuckled, knowing he annoyed his friend. "See you at the lake then." He took Jisung by his arm and waved a hand. "And good luck!" 

The trio was next to disappear into the darkness, which left Mark and Donghyuck walking in silence on the main path. Their shoulders were always touching, but none of them dared to hold hands. Why? The both didn't know why either. For Donghyuck, it was the feeling that he'll break Ten's new rule, but for Mark, it was the fear that once he would let go of the angel's hand, he'll loose him forever. 

So there they were, walking in silence, while the dark creatures of the night and the priest's men were there, in the same place as them. 

"Couldn't Chenle's devils help us?" Donghyuck asked, hearing his voice way too loud for the silent place. 

"I'm sure he told them to be near us." 

Donghyuck nodded, even if the werewolf didn't see him. 

"This reminds me of that detention." He spoke again and heard Mark chuckle. "We almost died because of those guardians." 

"And we got cursed." 

Their eyes met and the two smiled at each other. Mark's smile was so beautiful and it made Donghyuck fell better. That's when he decided to just hold Mark's hand and ignore Ten's rule because he couldn't know they were here and obviously he couldn't see them. 

"Let's survive this night." 

"Be sure of that."