Prologue 6: The Special Trial

Another hour later, this battle was a huge success as we can launch every single ghost we've hit.

"Over there Grim! To your right!" I shouted pointed at the target.

"Gyaaahh!" Grim screamed as he launched one last flame at one of the three mischievous ghosts.

"Iih! Iiiihhhh! In this way, he will erase us for sure! Everybody, run!" He screamed as he and the two ghosts disappeared without a trace.

"Wait, what? I...won?" He asked curiously.

"Haha! Nice one Grim! We made a great team!" I giggled.

"We? For your information human, I was the one doing the work." He frowned, but I rolled my eyes with a grin.

"Sure Grim, whatever you say," I replied casually as I patted his head. Soon we heard footsteps and we both look up to see Crowley climbing downstairs.

"Good evening! The kind me brought the dinner for you. Wait, that's the monster who disturbed our opening ceremony! I thought we kicked him out already, why in the hell is this thing here?!" He exclaimed.

"Hmph! I got rid of the ghosts! Be grateful!" Grim boasted with a proud grin.

"Mh? What happened here?" Crowley asked looking baffled.

"I can explain," I reassured as I start explaining the three ghosts that we've encountered and how Grim and I defeated them. Except for the dagger and the note part because I wanna saved that until the time has come.

"Now that I think about it, some evil ghosts settled down here and students abandoned the dorm. However, I didn't know that was true, hmm. For the two of you to work together and got rid of the ghosts..."

"Together? This human did nothing. And I did it only because I wanted a can of tuna. Wait a second! Where is my can of tuna?!" He turned to me with a demanding expression.

"Both of you. Would you please show me how you got rid of ghosts one more time?" He requested.

"But now there are no more ghosts! Anyways, my can of tuna!" He demanded, but Crowley ignored him.

"I'll take the role of the ghost. If you defeat me, I'll give you that can of tuna. Because I'm kind, after all. Well then, now I'll take this transformation potion." As Crowley chugged down the potion, he transforms into a ghost.

"Eeeh? I don't want to...I don't want to work with this human again, it's troublesome..." Grim complained but I smiled at him.

"If you defeat him, then I'll add another can of tuna for your collection." I persuaded making him groaned.

"Fine, but this is the last time! This time I want my can of tuna for real okay?!" He reminded.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say catnip. Now get to it!" I retorted as both prepared ourselves for another fight, but only this time it's the headmaster.