Prologue 14: Unlock the Power

Meanwhile, Ace and I stalked up to the entrance as quietly as possible, Grim hiding behind my shoulder.

""Gaaah this is insane! Are you sure this is gonna work Glory?" Grim whimpered whose legs are shaking.

"I'm sure it will work, I promise you Grim." I reassured him with a soothing grin as I pat his head to calm him down.

"Haha! You're a bit stiff! Just go with the flow! Now, let's do this!" Ace smiled.

I nod back with a grin as I turned to look out for the monster. I know it's risky, but it's worth the risk! Time for real plan to start!

While we waited for the monster to appear, we finally spotted it and I sent Grim a quick nod as a sign to start the distraction. Grim nod and jump off from my shoulder and landed on the rock.

"Hey, beasty! Over here!" Grim shouted while bouncing on the rock.

The monster quickly noticed and roared.

"Grrr.....LEEAAAAAAAVVVVVEEE!!!"

Then it started moving towards the group.

"Gah! It's coming!" Grim shrilled.

"Then it's our time to move!" I shouted, trying to aggravate it. The monster noticed me.

"There...thief...to- WAIT...."

The monster then tilts his head only to let out a loud gasp before grunting out a low menacing growl.

"Go...GOTHEL!...Won't give....Mine....MINE!!!!"

"Huh? Daah!" I shrieked as the monster struck the ground with a harsh punch as a warning. But one thing in mind...why is it calling me Gothel?

Soon I heard letting out a yelp. "That punch looks like a knockout if it lands!" I shook my head quickly and focus on the task at hands.

"Get that thing as far away from the tunnel as best as possible!" I shouted, running further ahead.

"Go away...go away GOTTTHEEEELLLLLLL!!!!" The monster orders.

Once the monster slid forward a few more inches,

"It's pretty far from the tunnel now!" Grim guessed.

"Now's your chance Ace!" I yelled.

"Okay, I've got this! Let's go: Extra Tempest!" Ace waves his pen.

"With the Great Grim's Fire Special!" Grim backs up.

The monster was trapped in a blazing circle of blue fire, as the winds kept sweeping them higher, creating a wall of flames.

"Yes!" I smiled.

"How 'bout that? I can even fan Grim's shoddy flame into an inferno!" Ace smiles as well.

"It's not shoddy! Ugh, every word that comes out of your mouth pisses me off!" Grim complains.

"Not the time Grim! Deuce, now's our chance!" I called.
——————————————

Farther away, near the mine entrance, Deuce calmly focuses. He hears Gloriane's call.

"Calm now...take aim....the biggest, heaviest....thing I know...." He murmurs, eyes closed.

They open. "Come forth, Cauldron!" He orders and a swish of a pen, a giant cauldron squishes the monster, as it screams in pain.

"We got him! Great work, guys!" Gloriane compliments.

Grim snickers, "Hey look! The monster looks just like Ace did earlier on!"

"Oh geez!" Glory snickers trying not to laugh, but she's thinking about it anyway.