PART 6, SECTION 16

He took the packaged rubber. He shined a tiny flashlight into my face, then he turned it off again.

"This is crazy doing this without testing you," he said. "But you look pretty good. You don't look infected. I guess we'll be okay with just the rubber. I guess."

I leaned close to him and whispered softly into his ear. "Since when were you the worrying type, Sergeant."

I gently bit his earlobe.

"Jesus Christ," he whispered. He took a deep breath and sighed.

He reached into the back and grabbed what I could just make out in the dark to be a pint of vodka. He opened it, took a drink, and handed it over to me.

Before taking the bottle, I reached into my left pants pocket and took out the pill Chris had given me with the sedatives. I'd taken both pills out of the latex, making sure to keep the sedative in my left pocket and the sugar pill in my right pocket. I slipped the sedative into Jason's hand and took the vodka.

"I can't believe you have grasshoppers," he said. He finally seemed to be relaxing a little.

"Well, they're the last of my stash. So you better enjoy it, Mister." I took the sugar pill from my pocket.

Jason flashed his flashlight at me again.

Before I could stop him, he took the sugar pill from my hand.

"You sure these are grasshoppers?"

Crap.

I kept my eye on the sugar pill. The capsule was identical to the sedative, and now the two pills lay side by side in his hand. I couldn't mix them up.

"Of course they're grasshoppers."

I reached to take the sugar pill back, but Jason pulled away.

"Hold this." He handed me the flashlight. "Keep it down. Don't shine it out the window."

I cupped the flashlight and kept it pointed at his hands.

"Just in case you're trying to poison me or something," he said, uncapping both pills. "Can't be too careful."

He dumped the powder from both pills into his palm, mixed all of it together, then scooped half into one capsule, half into the other, and capped them both.

Now, the capsules had half of a sedative dose each.

Crap.

Crap, crap, crap

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Please VOTE 🌟 before continuing! Thanks! ;)   xxBailey