Chapter seven

Chapter seven: it all started with you.

***

Secrets reveal themselves through time, you don't have to confess anything; it happens when it happens, we all know that the truth always comes out whether anyone liked it or not.

Chase had asked me to date more than ten times, but I kept rejecting him until that day.

What changed that?

Like I said, secrets get revealed through time. We don't have to confess everything at once, it takes time, and I knew for sure that my secret would be a secret until the right day comes.

I looked out the window and Jacob was standing there, he had a guitar in his hands, and moving his head with the beats he was playing. I think he felt like someone was watching and he looked up, when he saw me; a smile crept on his face. He held the guitar with one hand, while the other waved at me. I waved back with a huge smile on my face, just seeing him smile made me happy. He signaled with hand that he wanted me to come over, but i was hesitant about going over there. His mother would think I'm a creep, if only she didn't think that already.

I signaled for him to come over, and he gladly accepted the offer. He placed his guitar on the floor, and showed me his three fingers which meant that he'd be here in three. Once he disappeared, I ran downstairs to inform Eleanor and Joey.

"I might have invited our neighbor over," I said.

Eleanor looked up, "of course! But how did you meet them anyway?"

"I.. I don't know, I just came across them, I guess," I shrugged. In no way am I telling them that I went into their house, just to bring back the memories.

The knocking on the door interrupted our conversation, I made my way to the front of the door and opened it. In front of me was Jacob, he had a grin on his face, and his eyes lit up when saw me.

"Please tell me you expected me to come over, because if you didn't; I'm going to have to come out with a lie," he spoke.

"No, no, I was expecting you," I laughed. "Come in, I don't think you've met this family."

"This family?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "Aren't you a part of this family?"

"I don't think I am," I shook my head.

"You should consider thinking that you are," he suggested. "Family's all we got, you know."

"I had a family, I lost them," I whispered. "I'm only going to consider having a family when I get married, that's when I'll start a new family."

"You don't think of us as family?" A voice appeared from behind me, I turned around to see Luke. Pain was shown in his eyes, and my heart ached.

"I shouldn't have came in between you and your.. friends, but trust me when I say that being a part of them doesn't mean you have to be blood related," he was talking as if he experienced it, experienced being an outsider.

He walked inside, and I closed the door after he got it. "You're a part of us, Scar, you'll never be alone wherever you go, we'll always be there for you. We would never be here if it weren't for you, it all started with you, and I can't imagine if it ended with us without you."

The words that left Luke's mouth made me speechless, I expected those words to come out of Chase's or their mother's, but Luke wasn't the type of person to express their feelings.

I bit my lip as I ran up the stairs, into my room; I slammed the door.

I never wanted to accept this family, i didn't want to get attached to anyone.

I wish I was someone else, someone who did not have to go through this debate with themselves, someone who had everything easy.

"I'm sorry," Jacob's voice whispered in my ears. I turned around to look at him, and I saw how heartbroken he was. "My parents adopted me when I was six, I understand where you're coming from."

I stayed quiet, I didn't know what to reply.

"I wasn't sure that I would ever accept my family, however; it all changed through years," he continued. "I knew I shouldn't have said anything, but when you said that I didn't meet this family, I knew something was wrong."

"It's okay," I whispered. "I won't treat them like my family, Jacob."

"Why not?" He asked, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Because I used to have a crush on someone here, and used to date his brother," I admitted.

"You has a crush on someone who lives here and you dated his brother?" He chuckled.

"It was even before we started dating, hell, it was before we knew we had feelings for each other," I sighed. "Things happened, we had to break up."

I felt hands wrapped around me, and he pulled me in a hug.

Finally, I had a friend.

***