71

"Okay." Mr. Bennett nodded coldly and said, "You can help yourself. If you need anything, talk to the nanny. I have some things to deal with."

Then he left.

Bella looked at the back of Mr. Bennett, and she lost her thoughts.

Bella felt that when Mr. Bennett was facing Toni, he seemed a little too cold.

But wasn't he and Toni an unmarried couple?

Why.

When she saw that Bella had been staring at Mr. Bennett's back, she waved her hand and shouted several times: "Bella, Bella. Bella."

"What are you thinking about? I've called you quite a few times, and I haven't heard from you." Toni asked curiously.

"It's nothing." Bella smiled, then said lightly, "Let's go, what gift did you bring to me, let me see."

Of course, she would not tell Toni. She felt that he was a little cold and perfunctory to her.

It was a limited edition bottle of perfume. It smelt well.

Even though she didn't use perfume, she still was very touched by the idea of bringing her a gift when she went overseas. She knew that she had a few good friends like Toni.

"I'm glad that you like it." Toni holding that watch, she asked Bella anxiously: "Do you think Mr. Bennett will like this watch?"

"I think what matters most is who gives presents, not what is the presents." Bella said with a smile, "You're the fiancee of Mr. Bennett."

With a few words of her words, she immediately made Toni laugh.

"You're right." Toni was especially happy.

"Right, I haven't asked you yet. Why do you live here with Mr. Bennett? I remember you telling me about the design, what design?" Toni held Bella and asked curiously.

Bella would like to immediately tell her the design of the villas and the reason why she would stay here at Mr. Bennett's home. Bella was afraid that Toni would feel uncomfortable.

Toni was very generous. "Then, do your design well. If I need a designer, I'm sure nobody is better than you. besides, you've already been married before. No harm to me at all."

She hadn't finished speaking, but Bella knew what she was trying to say.

She was married to someone and had not divorced yet. There was no need to misunderstand that she would seduce Mr. Bennett. Even if she seduced, he would not be interested in her because of her status.

Bella felt a little awkward, so she didn't want to take up the topic.

"Is Mr. Bennett handsome?" Toni asked, happily.

Despite this question, she had asked before.

But she still wanted to ask again, and she wanted to show off in front of Bella.

"Yes, he is." Bella smile.

She couldn't say anything that was against her because Mr. Bennett was indeed beautiful.

"Since you will live in my Chief's house for almost a year, then you have to help me watch him over and don't let him be taken away by another woman."

Mr. Bennett was so handsome, and he had much power and wealth, making him even more attractive.

"Don't worry, even though I've been in contact with the chief for a short time, he's a person who is clean and values the fame of himself," Bella said.

Toni was pleased.

They chatted for the morning and Toni did not go back home, so they stayed at Mr. Bennett's house to eat at noon.

Toni was a little absent-minded during lunch. from time to time, she looked up at Mr. Bennett several times. She had enough courage and asked, "Chief, do you have time today?"

"No." Mr. Bennett did not look up and said lightly.

When she heard that he was not available, Toni immediately lowered her head in disappointment, but this was not the first time he had rejected her, so she quickly adjusted her attitude.

"It's okay. Since you have something, and then go ahead.' Toni said very gently.

She could understand that it was reasonable for Mr. Bennett to refuse her. he was indeed busy. She had to be considerate of him.

Bella would treat herself as a transparent person and eat her food quietly.

In her heart, she did not think that Toni and Mr. Bennett looked like an unmarried couple who were about to get engaged, but rather a stranger.

Is the right relationship between couples like this?

Suddenly, a bowl of soup was placed in front of her.

When she raised her head, she saw the hand that Mr. Bennett had taken back and knew that the bowl of soup he had served for her.

She raised her head and looked at Mr. Bennett at a loss.

Before she could ask, he explained, "Your injury is not recovered; you should drink more bone soup and make up for it." After that, he added: "There's not much time left for you. I hope you can finish all the designs as soon as possible."

Hearing this, Bella and Toni were relieved.

It turned out that Mr. Bennett was not concerned about Bella, but that he was worried that she would delay her work.

Toni felt sweet. She thought the reason why Mr. Bennett would give this billion-dollar project to Bella. was that Bella was her friend?!

After eating, Mr. Bennett got up and said to Toni: "You don't have to tell me when you want to go back. I've already told the security guard, he will send you back."

After he finished speaking, he turned and left.

Toni saw him leaving, signed in a little disappointed, and no appetite to eat.

Initially, her stay here was not for eating but for him.

"Bella, give me your phone. I have to make a call to my parents in France to tell them that I'm safe."

When she got off the plane, it was midnight when her parents were still in their dreams, so it was time to call them. However, her phone was dead and had been switched off. She did not bring a charger, so she could only borrow Bella's.

Bella had no objections and handed her phone over. 

Anyway, there was no secret on her phone, and she didn't mind showing it to others. 

However, what Bella did not expect was.