C.13

yoonhwa adjusted her bag's strap on her shoulder before giving the math work to their teacher. she bowed her head bidding a goodbye before she politely excused herself.

"yoonhwa!" she stopped upon hearing someone saying her name. she turned around and saw jaemin walking up to her.

"say.. do you want to go somewhere? my treat" he asked stuffing both of his hands inside his pockets. he tilted to look at her face clearly. his usual smile graced his lips.

yoonhwa smiled back. her eyes saw a guy looking straight at them with his dark eyes. her lips instantly made a thin straight line.

"i'm sorry jaemin but i don't think that friend of yours would love my company" she said referring to certain someone.

"who? haechan? don't worry about him! he may looked like he's on period all the time but he's not always like that" jaemin said. she let out a laugh and shook her head.

"jung yoonhwa!" both of them turned to the direction of the voice. she saw her friend walking quickly towards them avoiding jaemin at all costs.

yuju linked her arm with yoonhwa's pulling her away from him. "hey, there's a new store opened. let's go and take a look" she said.

yoonhwa nodded her head. "i'm sorry, jaemin. maybe next time?"

"sure" jaemin waved a goodbye as their figures retreated from there. he saw haechan leaning on the door frame glaring him. "what are you trying to do, jaemin"

"making friends" he answered shrugging his shoulders. "i have a bad feeling. chenle showed me something last night"

"don't tell me you asked him to-"

"yeah.. you know him and his tarot cards" jaehyun's voice rang through his mind. the one when he reminded him to take care of yoonhwa.

"this is fucking annoying me"

▽▽▽

"where exactly are you taking me, yuju?"

yoonhwa asked as her best friend pulled her arm running. both of them came to a stop in front of a new store. it looked aesthetically pleasing to her eyes. when they walked inside the store were filled with pastel colours.

"look, we haven't hang out a lot recently. you're not home. your brother too. like every time i go there your house looks empty" yuju said as she picked a teddy bear hugging it tight.

she just smiled not really want to respond to her. her eyes locked with a small round globe. she picked it up staring it with interest. there was a small figure of a little boy and a little girl holding hands inside the globe. they were wearing winter clothes.

she shook the globe and the white sparkling dust inside the globe began to look like snow as it flew around the small thing in her hands. "it's pretty" she mumbled.

"you're buying that? it suits you" yuju said grinning at her. "and why is that?"

"that thing is pretty- and you're pretty" yoonhwa slapped yuju's arm her eyebrows twitching slightly. her friend laughed seeing her annoyed look.

yoonhwa ended up buying the snow globe. she placed it safely inside her bag. "yuj-" gun shots were heard around the place. everyone in the store screamed as they kneeled down scared.

"yuju! yuju where are you?" she saw her friend hiding behind a big teddy bear. yoonhwa crawled towards her slowly. the glass window shattered into pieces. a small scream left her lips.

"yoonhwa" yuju pulled yoonhwa into a hug her face had that serious look. "what the hell is happening- you're okay right?" she asked half whispered. yoonhwa nodded giving her a reassuring smile.

but it was too soon.

she felt something at the back of her head. and then the sound of a gun's safety turned off. yuju froze on her spot when someone pointed a gun at her friend's head.

"you- get up" the man ordered pushing her head with the gun in his hands. there were around five men inside the store with weapons in their hands.

yoonhwa slowly stand up her legs felt weak but she tried to stabilize herself. both of her hands were up. "turn around" doing as the man said she faced him.

she saw yuju shaking in fear but at the same time she looked like she wanted to punch the man right in the face. "let them go" she mustered up her courage to say that.

"l-let the others go"

"shut up" the man in front of her pointed the gun on her forehead. she immediately shut her mouth squeezing her eyes shut. she bit her lower lip fear engulfing her body.

"boss, we got her. she looks just like what the profile says" they heard the man said probably through the earpiece that he was wearing.

another gun shot was heard- the man fall backwards blood coming out from his head. she felt something warm from her neck. her hands went to touch her neck. she winced in pain.

her eyes caught the familiar red liquid on her right hand. she felt like throwing up seeing the blood. it was probably from the gun shot.

"y-yoonhwa.. your" yuju was stuttering but the sound of gun shot stopped her and she screamed again. her vision began to get blurry.

"fuck! jungwoo you shot yoonhwa!"