Chapter 24 : Step By Step

At least one of my wishes came true. Yana and I started to bond like real friends. We became close to the point that I told her what kind of scheme I just plotted days ago.

She knew that I'm in love with a man who fears women.

At first, she thought it was just some random internet soap opera that I've watched, but she eventually believed me.

For those who are wondering, I still have these moments where I suddenly stare into the oblivion and think about the past events.

I still think about him.

But it's a step by step process, sooner or later he will just be a dream that I will forget someday. Besides, only a week passed by and I must say that I'm quite improving with this moving on thingy even though I wasn't even in a relationship.

I woke up early today because the club that Yana's brother owns will host an event tonight and we have to prepare early.

I don't have any experiences about bartending but Yana was nice enough to teach me the basics, up to the present time I still conduct numerous failures on a simple mixture of alcohol, but I'll get there.

In addition to good news, I earn quite an

=====

"Can you hand me the marker?" Yana opens her hand in front of me without even looking. There's not much to do but Yana seems pretty busy right now.

The entire bar is closed until six in the evening, an hour before the actual event. "Is the president coming here?" I teased her and she snickered at me.

"You don't understand how popular these boys are in our university." She huffed and rolled her eyes while I laugh. That time when Yana learned that I'm a fine arts major, she forced me to help her decorate for today's event. Although I love art, I just hate decorating rooms, especially for parties, besides I specialize at sketching. 

"They're still human, I would be excited if they're aliens evading the Earth who are willing to eat your baked cookies." I made fun of her, she knows herself how bad her baking is. She can nail any dish or meal, but not those snacks that need to be baked. They're awful. 

She told me about this guy who is still nameless because she said she will introduce me during this event. She is thrilled to host this guy's event, so she baked a cake. 

Don't blame me, I warned her already.

"Said by someone who pretends to have a pecker down there just to see the love of her life." She obnoxiously looked straight to the thing in between my thighs and swatted her arms playfully. 

"Yah! You went overboard." I growled and stopped knotting a yard of yarn that she asked me to do. I crossed my arms in front of my chest and raised my left eyebrow into an elevated arc. She just shrugs off and I frowned at her. 

The day went by with ease, it's the first time that I'm not overworked during the day. This bar is quite popular and customers are lined up day and night. I worked along with Yana and some other bar staff. Of course, Yana is the owner's sister they can't say no to her and today she was practically their boss. 

I also helped Yana in fixing her cake for that guy, it's not even his birthday, why did she baked a cake? As much as possible I taught her how to make it look pleasant and edible by adding frostings and cherries, the visuals should at least be presentable. 

Around six in the evening, people are slowly coming in and orders are already piled up. There's already a lot of faces and surprisingly some of them are familiar to me. Not that I personally know them, it's just that I've seen their faces before, especially guys. On the other hand, Yana knows most of them, and because now that she knows a lot of people I felt out of place.