Chapter 24

Emilia Ellis

"That's new." He smiled. "Of course."

We had to walk all the way back to my place and I informed Jace that I will be with Chase.

Jace said he will follow behind us for safety reasons and Chase agreed with him.

We drove to the Trampoline Park that was twenty minutes away by car and the parking lot was already filled. I believe a lots of parents like the idea of spending time with their children here. I have never been to this place before. I was always curious about this place since elementary school. The children who went to the after school program said for P.A days, they went there. I would listen to them share their excitements and their fun in their place and when I asked my parents to take me there. They hesitated saying it was not safe. I was very upset hearing that, I even begged our house keeper that time. Mr. Zhou to take me there, but of course he has restrictions and apologize by secretly buying me chocolate cake. He is very kind and very patient with everyone.

Chase brought our tickets even though I said I would like to pay for it, but he said he wanted to keep the chivalry going.

The place was crowded. I see parents running after their young children. Some parents gathered together in parts of the areas and was talking. I see older children screaming at each other in joy.

Chase handed our tickets to the young woman, who smiled warmly at us. We had to take off our shoes and wear the non-slip socks that Chase purchased from the front. We kept our things in the locker that we rented. I was thrilled as I looked around the large space.

"Have you been here, before?" He asked curiously.

"No." I said as I take in the place. "Have you been here before?"

"Back in London." He said. "When I was a kid?"

"I have never been to places like this before." I said and looked at him. "Let's go." I was excited as I walked to the trampoline. The place have cafeteria in the corner, some slides that goes down to giant trampolines and some money bars swings around the places.

I jumped in the trampoline and grinned. Chase joined me as we jumped together. We went on the slides and tried the monkey bar. We took a rest after an hour of fun in the cafeteria. I paid this time after having a little argument with Chase about that.

"Where else would you like to go?" He asked while sipping his tea.

"Don't laugh, okay?" I said. "I have never been to an amusement park, arcade places, zoo, aquarium."

"Have you been living under a rock?" He blurted and quickly apologized.

"It's always crowded and my family was always concerned about safety and about crowded places."

He nodded his head in an understanding way.

"It may sound stupid to people, but safety has always been my family's top priority." I said.

"I understand that.." he said. "But that means you had to give up childhood and adolescence for adult life? If you didn't go to any of those places, tasted the youth. Then what have you been doing?" He asked.

"I had my fair share of fun." I smiled. "During summer, at the backyard of my parent's place. There was pool parties and we have mini trampolines to keep us company, water play."

"And who do you guys invite in those parties?" He said. "Actually, I don't want to know. I think I know the answer."

"What is it?"

"It's just you three.."

"We called some of our cousins." I corrected him. I was offended a little bit about his comment.

"I see." He said. "Have you been to movie theatre before?"

"I have been to a private screening that my family was invited to one time, but apart from that no. We have a family theatre at home and my parents made sure all the latest movies was made available for us."

I ignored his slightly blatant grimace at my words. I had fun and I wouldn't change any of those things. It may sound like my life rotated around home, but it meant a lot to me.

"Have you had sleepover with friends when you were in elementary or high schools?"

"No." I said. "I didn't have much friends because people thought that I was a dainty darling or a princess." I rolled my eyes at that thought.

"That must have been awful." He give me a sympathetic look.

"At the beginning it was.. I used to be mad at my parents for restricting me in those activities, but they tried everything they could to provide me with whatever I asked for,but at home."

"How about your brothers?"

"Daniel was the first one, who broke the safety protocol of our home. At sixteen, he argued and won the argument and got his driving licence. David got his after Daniel got his. They were popular in schools because they were in the school's basketballs team. They would sneaked out of the house to go out to parties.David left for college and stayed in dorms for four years, so he had enough freedom. Daniel studied in NYU, but he didn't applied to stay at dorm. He did go for college events and parties."

"Then why..."

"I chose not to." I shrugged. "I was given choice to stay at home or at the school's residence. I'm an introvert- I admit that, it gets very difficult for me to communicate with people openly, but after joining the company; I had to open up a bit. It's easier for me to talk about work rather than about my personal life." I finished my hot chocolate and smiled. "It's not that bad, honestly."

"We will try everything that you couldn't in your youth." He said.

"Are you calling me old?" I teased him.

"I feel like you have emotionally bypassed the stage of teenage years for Adult life." He winced.

"I doubt that.." I said. "I wasn't thrown into Adult life until after college."

"You missed the adventures in your teenage years. You missed the time to build friendships in your teenage years-"

I interrupted him. "I chose not to make friends because I didn't want any dramas."

He sighed and shake his head, "come. Let's have fun here." And he stood up and took my empty cup with his and the half eaten foods and threw it in the garbage bin.

We decided to go to the photo booth first to take pictures. I didn't want to do that, but he suggested.

The photo booth was way too small as I entered and sat down and Chase followed behind me. We were way too close due to the small space and his smell was very intoxicating and I almost sighed, dreamily. He always smelled wonderful. Mint and of him.

He swiped the card, pressed some buttons here and there and asked me which frame I wanted for the pictures. We selected one and I got ready to pose.

"We are not clicking pictures for our passports." He said and I almost scoffed at his words, but the next few words that came out of his mouth was quite soothing. "Relax. It's suppose to be for us to keep and remember. It's just you and I,here. We can take silly pictures all you want.
,no one is going to look at us. I promise. Just be yourself."

I loosened up a bit and smile at him. "Get ready." He said and then the next thing I know we were posing silly pictures. I stuck my tongue at him and did those peace signs. He pulled my cheeks and stuck his tongue out at me as well. The flashlight kept going and all I can say was, those few minutes I think I will keep it with me for a long time. It was fun and memorable- I never did this thing before. It was all new to me. There are many things I have missed and need to catch up on, when it comes to adventure in life.. but was I ready to come out of my comfort zone and really explore the world and the taste of youth, again?