1 。you

(Y/n) (L/n) took Shiratorizawa by storm when she first attended the school's opening ceremony. People would constantly stare at her, and it wasn't long before word spread of a beautiful first year girl.

"Man she's so cute."

"What's her name?"

"I think it's (Y/n) (L/n)."

"Damn she's fine. Exactly my type."

"Did you know she's Coach Washijo's granddaughter? My older brother told me."

"Seriously? Isn't Coach Washijo known as a devil?"

"I heard she's joining the volleyball team as a manager."

"Aw that's too bad."

(Y/n) sat near the back and in the middle. She sat there reading a book—minding her own business, but then a figure appeared in front of her desk. She blinked for a couple of seconds before trailing her gaze to see who was there. It was a rather tall boy with a bowl cut.

"Hello! My name is Goshiki Tsutomu! I was told by Coach Washijo to hand my club form to you," the dark haired boy said as he held the paper towards (Y/n) with both hands. (Y/n) placed her book down and accepted the paper. "Thank you. Please come to Gym #1 after school at 3:45," she gave Goshiki a little smile before storing the paper in a folder. Goshiki stiffened while a light tint of red appeared across his cheeks. When he turned to sit in his seat, he held his shirt while his face was turning red.

'She's so cute.'

"Hey, Goshiki, why are you so red?"

"Shut up!"

"Grand- Coach," (Y/n) walked into the volleyball club gym a little earlier than the meeting time. However, some of the members were already setting up the gym.

"(Y/n)!"

This made the members deadpan and stop whatever they were doing and look at their demon coach's interaction with their new manager. What sorcery was placed upon their coach for him to smile so kindly and treat this girl like a normal human being?

"Oh?" A boy with red spiky hair stared, wide-eyed and slightly amused. "What's this? Coach is being weird don't you think Wakatoshi."

"Isn't that (Y/n) (L/n)?" The vice-captain, Soekawa said. "Everyone was talking about her since she's so pretty."

"That's not a lie though."

Soekawa continues, "I overheard Coach's conversation with her this morning. Apparently she's his granddaughter."

"Ehhhh?" The red haired boy dramatically flailed his arms up and had a shocked face. "Miss Cutie Manager is related to the demon coach?"

"It's kinda unbelievable.." Semi sweat dropped while having a exasperated expression.

"Now that I think about it, we've seen her a couple of times too," Soekawa said. The members around him looked at him with confusion. "Remember when a girl came during practice last year?"

"Now that you mention it... Wasn't she the girl who handed coach his lunch?"

"Yeah."

"We should set up before coach yells at us."

"(Y/n), how's your first day?" Washijo smiled.

"It was ok. I got a lot of applications though," (Y/n) said as she took out a small bundle of paper.

"Ah I will take that for you," Coach Saito took the paper from her hands and went off somewhere.

"I'm going to go change first," (Y/n) said to her grandpa.

"Alright, take your time," he patted her head before letting his granddaughter go. Immediately after she walked past him, his frown returned.

"At this rate we won't start until sundown!" Washijo yelled at the members, who were still setting up.

"Yes sir!"

"First years! State your name and what position you wish to have," Coach Saito said to the lineup as (Y/n) stood near him. Behind them was the Volleyball court where the other members were practicing (being yelled at).

As the first years were stating their name and their wishes position, a voice came from behind. "Manager-san watch out!" (Y/n) slowly turned back to see a ball heading straight towards her in an insane speed. She quickly moved to the side, but lost her balance and fell to the ground. While she was still standing, the ball hit her clipboard and it fell to the ground. (Y/n) stared at the ball with wide eyes.

"Kawanishi use your arms to block like this!" Washijo shouted while holding his hands up in blocking position.

"Yes coach!"

"(L/n) are you ok?" Saito asked while helping the girl up.

"Y-yeah."

"That's Ushijima's spike," Coach Saito said as the captain jogged towards the scene (of crime).

"I apologize. Are you ok?" Ushijima asked the manager.

"Yes. It's ok," (Y/n) replied. Ushijima bowed a little before going to retrieve the ball.

It's going to be quite the year.