Chapter 25

Emilia Ellis

We left the place half an hour before closing which was six-thirty pm. He suggested we go to an Italian restaurant for dinner and I really didn't mind the idea of eating Italian until he asked curiously if I have been to McDonald's and I give him an amused look.

"Yes." I said. "You might be surprise to hear that, but we were allowed to eat those delicious greasy foods from time to time." I said.

"For a moment, I was afraid you would have said No." he sighed in somewhat relieved.

"It's not all that bad." I said. "I'm telling you, I don't feel that awful at all about it, the way that you are making it seemed."

"What about when you guys go on vacations?"

"Hungry for information, ain't we?" I asked. "We go for vacations from time to time... cottages, private islands, we do go to tourist areas with many safety precautions and guidelines. How about you?"

He shrugged, "My parents are actually very relax and are not picky. My mom used to set up activities for me to do every weekend. Play with paints, sands, water play. She didn't mind me getting dirty as long as I'm exploring and figuring things out."

"How was your teenage years?" I asked.

"It was f^cked up. I apologize for cussing." He said. "I usually cuss a lot, but I didn't  want to scare you and have been refraining myself from cussing."

I smiled a little at his words.

"I mixed with the wrong crowds, sneaked alcohol to underage parties, had regretful s^x moments."

I tried not to show any emotions at the things he was admitting to me.

"Broke some stuffs here and there, got into fights and things like that."

"Sounds wild."

"Those are things that I really regret doing.."

"Are they what you call youth's adventure?"

"No, those are regretful adventures." He scrunched his nose. "What I would say youth adventures were going on field trip in schools, going on trips with friends, going on drives.."

"Sounds stressful to me."

"I know you are not used to it." He said as he pulled to a luxury hotel.

"You want to eat here?" I asked in a panic. "I'm not dressed for it."

"It's just you and I in the dinner." He said. "You look beautiful to me. Don't worry about the people."

We stepped out of the car and a Valet came forward to collect the key from us and greeted Chase. I think he comes here often and I don't want to know why.

The restaurant was on the first floor of the luxury hotel. Several people seemed to know him as they greeted him while we were on our way to the restaurant. He asked for a private seatings for my comfort and I was grateful for that.

"Do you come here often?" I asked.

"No." He said, smiling. "I usually go to Cody's restaurant." He chuckled lightly. I blinked for a couple of moment and nodded my head.

The private seating was in a separate room, the room was big enough- there was a table for four in the middle of the room. A flower vase in the middle. The wall was dark, small lights surrounded the ceilings and there was the view of NYC on one side of the room through the glass window and my jaw almost dropped to the floor.

"This is so beautiful." I said as I walked to the large glass window. Chase stood beside me and helped me take off my jacket.

"That's one of the reason why I brought you here." He admitted as he hanged my jacket to the coat hangers.

After admiring the view for sometime, we decided to order foods.

"What would you recommend?"I asked her.

"Their lemon scallop pasta is delicious." He said.

"I could try that." I give him a small smile.

He ordered Caprese salad and two pastas with sparkling juice.

"You know you can drink a glass of wine or something." I said.

"I know, but how can I When I know you don't drink?"

My heart warmed a little at his gesture, but felt uncomfortable about the idea that I was stopping him from doing something that he usually would do.

"Go ahead." I said. "I'm fine with it."

"It's fine." He assured me. "Have you been to England before?"

"No." I said and he was taken back a little.

"I thought you would have.. your Dad is like a frequent flyer to England."

"I know.. he mostly go there for work purposes which is why." I have been sharing way too many informations about myself and my family. I normally would think quite a lot before opening my mouth, but I don't know why I feel so comfortable talking to him about these things.

"Do you like it here?" I asked him.

"For a change, yes." He said.

"Would you go back to England if you get a chance to?"

"Honestly, if I didn't want to move I wouldn't. I'm twenty eight years old." He reminded. "I was allowed to made decision,but I decided to go for some change. Would you have moved to another country?"

"I don't know." I said. I doubt I will ever move out from New York City. I have been here for too long.

I was glad our foods arrived and interrupted our conversation. He has been very hungry for details and informations about me and I feel so vulnerable exposing a little details about myself.

"Have you decided what to name for our little pet?" He asked and I was relieved for change in topic.

"No." I said. I was very excited about having a dog. As a child, I wanted to have a dog, but Mrs.Hubbard thinks that having animals running around the houses would be an awful ideas and having their hairs on our clothes will be an unpleasant sights to see. "Do you have any idea?" I asked.

"I would like to meet the pet first." He said and I couldn't help but agree with him.

"We have to reach there by ten am on Saturday morning, it's two hours drive from here though."

"I will pick you up and we can go and collect it."

"Thank you." I said appreciating his gesture. "If you change your mind, I won't be mad. I promise."

"I won't be changing my mind." He give me a radiant look.