Obanai Iguro |If time would allow

Requested by roseanniiieee

Spoiler! so read at your own risk 

"Obanai!!! wait for me!" you yelled as you ran after the snake pillar who stop midway to let you catch up.

"what?" he coldly asked after you catch up after him

"Let's go together" you cheerfully said as you smiled at him, a smile that was only meant for him yet he never notice.

"do what you want" he said as he walk ahead while you happily walk side by side with him.

Years ago, you and Obanai were trained together, to say that you love him at first sight was an understatement, the moment your eyes laid on him, you said to yourself that he was gonna be the man you will love for your whole life.

You and Obanai grew on each other, ever since then both of you had been inseparable, spending time together for years, with one glance you knew what he was thinking. so the the moment you saw him lovingly looking at Mitsuri, you knew he love her. 

You're not the type to get jealous and be angry at Mitsuri, in fact both of you were best friends. getting to know Mitsuri, she was not a bad person she was actually really kind and adorable to add. so being Mitsuri you knew she also love Obanai. 

so what did you do? give up? ruin there friendship? of course not, you decided to just stay quiet about your feelings than risk on confessing and ruin your relationship with Obanai. because you knew no matter how many years you and Obanai become friends he would never return your feelings, for he had already fallen in love with Mitsuri like you have fallen in love with him.

"A mission for Obanai?" you asked Oyakata-sama after he told you that there was a mission for Obanai.

"Oyakata-sama would it be okay if I take this instead?" you asked referring to the mission that was supposed to be for Obanai.

"I wouldn't mind but why?" Oyakata-sama curiously asked.

"..It's just that his having fun right now...but Oyakata-sama don't tall Obanai okay" you explained, the truth is Obanai had accompanied Mitsuri on the village for some errand and seeing that spending with her makes Obanai happy, doing a simple mission for him is how you can support him.

It hurts, it really hurts but that's just how it is. you have no choice but to go along with the flow and continue to support him no matter what. for you, that's how love should be.

"Obanai!!! wake up!" you excitedly yelled as you burst on his room uninvited. and hearing the loud commotion, Obanai sat up on bed startled and in beyond disbelief. 

"What the hell is your problem?" he groggily said as he glance at the clock.

"It's almost midnight" he glared which you reflected with your bright smile.

"It's one minute before your birthday! we should celebrate!" you said as you excitedly took out a cake and gifts for him.

"not again" he groaned as he layed down on the bed again, every year you make it possible that you were the first person to greet him, so bursting in thought his room at midnight was a common thing, he always say that he didn't like it but never do anything to stop you.

"Happy birthday Obanai!"

you were fine like that, being his friend that is. you were contented as long as he was happy, Obanai might be cold but he was absolutely the best friend you could asked for. you were satisfied as long as he was beside you, or so you though.