Paint twister

Chapter thirteen: Paint twister (Madison's POV)

I woke up with a warm heat pack pressed to my stomach and extreme confusion as to how it got there. 

I sat up in bed as my door slowly opened and Jacob came in with a cup of tea. "You sounded like you were dying so I brought tea. You groaning in pain is a lovely sound to wake up to, by the way," he said sarcastically.

"I was dying," I took the tea and took small sips so it wouldn't burn my tongue. I sighed and put the cup on my nightstand, opening the braid my hair was in and ruffling it out. "Did I wake up anyone else?" I asked while leaning against the headboard of my bed. 

"Nope, just me," he smiled. 

"Sorry," I sighed while running my hands over my face. 

"You okay?" he asked, sounding worried. 

"Yeah," I nodded. "Did you heat this?" I asked while holding the heat pack. 

"Yeah, when I came in here earlier when you were dying," he put air quotes, "I touched it and it was cold, so I went and heated it," he shrugged. 

See, why? Why does he do stuff like that? It's stuff like that which makes it harder to not like him. 

"Thanks," I said genuinely. 

"Anytime," he smiled. "So, I was thinking we should go on a hike today," he began and I almost choked on my tea. I glared at him while he chuckled. "Kidding," he put his hands up in surrender. "Jokes aside, I have a good idea for today, wanna hear?" he asked while lying beside me on his stomach. 

"Sure," I drank my tea. 

"We should play paint twister, we can go to Target or Walmart and buy the paints, do you guys have the game?" he questioned. 

"Yeah, it's in the garage," I answered. 

"Cool, we can play late afternoon, it's too warm and sunny," he grabbed my pillow and tucked it under his arms, resting his chin on it. "But till then?" he asked. I finished my tea with the last sip and got myself out of bed. 

"We make breakfast," I said before going into my bathroom to freshen up. I came back out and he was still there. "Come on," I went downstairs. I was about to head downstairs but I saw Julia coming out of her room. I turned back around and bumped right into Jacob. "Go!" I whisper yelled, pushing him back into my room. 

"Jesus, what?" he chuckled, sitting on the foot of my bed. 

"How is she up so early? She never wakes up at this time," I huffed. 

"You do realize she isn't gonna think any crap because our rooms are right next to each other. Right?" he explained like he was talking to a child. 

"Right, but you do realize that she doesn't even want us to hang out, right?" I blurted before closing my eyes tightly. 

"She said that?" he asked, surprised. 

"No," I said too quickly. I need to stop doing that and blurting things out. "Maybe," I mumbled. "Yeah, she said that," I sighed and sat beside him. 

"When?" he asked while shaking his head in disappointment. 

"When we came back from the bike ride," I answered. "It doesn't matter, I don't plan on listening to her. Do you?" I stood up and asked. 

"No," he replied with a small, kind of sad smile while standing up and leading the way out. I think we were both reaching a point where we didn't care what Julia thought. Or wanted. She doesn't get a say in our relationship, it's ours.