chapter twenty-six

ALLISON SMILED AT THE BABY IN HER LAP, HER BABBLING AT THE WOMAN. Beth was beside her, preparing a bottle. Everyone was up early this morning, getting ready to do their jobs.

It had been around two months since they had brought in the rest of the people from Woodbury. Rick had agreed to put them in the separate cell block D, while everyone else was in B.

"Mornin'." Daryl came beside her, smirking slightly.

"Hey." Allison squinted as she looked up to him, the bright sun hitting them. She was sitting down on the bench, Judith close to her.

"Morning, Daryl!"

"Hey, Daryl!"

"Sup, Daryl!"

Was heard all around the cafeteria, Allison raising her eyebrows and laughing. "Wow, you're famous." She said sarcastically.

Beth grabbed Judith back, bringing her inside to be fed and put down for a nap.

"Wanna go on a run?" Daryl asked her, chomping on his food.

"Right now?" Allison asked.

"Yeah, we're gon' go check out the Big Spot, about ten miles up the road." He told her and she nodded.

"Yeah. Who else?"

"Glenn, Ty, Sasha. Bob said he wanted to go too." Daryl shrugged, looking at her in the eyes, them being more blue in the bright Georgia sun.

"Okay, let me get my things." Allison told him, him nodding and walking off as she walked inside towards her cell.

As she walked inside, she heard Glenn and Maggie talking indistinguishable.

"I think I may be pregnant." Maggie's voice whispered, Allison widening her eyes. What is going to happen if she dies during child birth like Lori? How could she be so selfish? The woman's head was spinning.

She stomped out from the cell block and outside to where Daryl was. Sighing angrily, she came beside him as he handed her a box of supplies they need to go on the run. With shaky hands, she grabbed it, Daryl taking notice of this instantly.

"Hey." He stopped what he was doing and focused all of his attention on her as she looked towards the ground. "You okay?"

Allison shrugged, putting her hair behind her ears. "Yeah. Let's go." She gave him a fake smile and got into the car, him taking a mental note to talk to her later.

-

The woman walked behind Daryl cautiously, holding her gun up for any walkers coming her way. Everyone followed and watched for walkers, as she did.

Daryl stopped in front of the store, banging on the window. "Give it a second."

Allison pointed her eyes towards something else in the distance as she zoned out, not listening to their conversation. As she squinted her eyes, the person was suddenly in front of her, staring at her in the eyes as she stared back, not showing any emotion.

The person reached their hand up, pushing her hair behind her ear. "I've missed you." It smiled, tears forming in her eyes as they came closer.

She suddenly felt a tap on her shoulder and she flinched, opening her eyes.

"Hey. Let's go." Daryl said, eyeing her strangely. The girl was more on edge as she usually is and he found it odd that she was sleeping so soundly, as if she hasn't slept in days.

Allison walked in behind him, parting away from everyone else as she went straight for the medicine, looking for anything for Maggie.

"Are you pregnant?" She widened her eyes at the voice and turned around, seeing Sasha with raised eyebrows.

"No, but you never know." Chuckling nervously, she tucked her hair behind her ear.

"So who is it? Daryl?" Sasha asked, winking at her.

Allison dropped her jaw a bit, furrowing her eyebrows at the statement, not knowing how to respond. "Wha- uh-" She stammered nervously.

She didn't have to answer as there was a loud crash from across the store and she stuffed the things in her bag, her and Sasha running towards the commotion. Allison gasped softly as she saw Bob, his body halfway under a shelf of alcohol.

"What the hell happened?" Daryl asked, shining his flashlight.

"My leg is stuck." Bob laughed slightly.

"Alright, help me lift this." Daryl told them as Allison heard something on top of the roof, her ignoring it as she thought it was her imagination again.

As they were all lifting it, Allison heard something fall next to her and she just shook her head and closed her eyes, convincing herself that it wasn't real. That was until Daryl pulled her away just as the walker almost bit her leg and he stabbed it, looking at her with wide eyes.

More walkers fell and everyone started to kill them, Allison now realizing that this real. Grabbing her knife with shaky hands, she threw her knife at the walker, but her vision was too blurry and she hit it in the shoulder, her groaning in response.

As she went to retrieve her knife, Daryl yelled at her to go follow him and everyone else. Allison ignored him and walked over to the knife, a walker falling in front of her.

"Allison! C'mon!" She didn't have a choice to get it back as she felt strong arms around her waist, pulling her back.

"No, stop! Let me go!" She screamed as they exited the store. "Let me go! Let me go!" At this point, the whole building collapsed and all the group could hear were her cries.

"Stop." Daryl grunted, holding her tight.

She punched him in the chest as she cried hysterically. "Stop." Punch. "Let me go!" Punch. The whole group stared at her in pity as they saw her hitting Daryl as he just held her arms to get her to stop from punching him.

"It's your fault! Stop!" Allison wasn't sure who she was talking to, Daryl, or herself. "Let me go... let me go." She was sobbing loudly and she couldn't catch her breath as he wrapped his arms around her. Mumbling under her breath, more tears fell, almost as if they were unlimited.

So she cried into Daryl as they both were on the floor, her cries dying down, but not stopping.