Chap. 69 (Polan)

I scrutinise the corpse and realise that there's a slave mark on his neck. It's a demonic slave mark...

This guy is a human but a slave to the demon. They probably force him to try to assassinate me since he also is a mana manipulator and has no mana.

So they are now fully alert and cautious about me huh...

Well, I did kill a general and eliminate an entire army of demons. But still, I am sure the demon lord is still underestimating me. He thinks lowly of humans after all.

I look around and try to detect any presence.

...

None...?

Okay, time to catch up with Sylvia.

I fly in the direction of the Asylum and see a fight in the sky. It's between Polan and the general.

"You've slaughtered my army!! I am not going down without taking one or two lives with me!!!" Shouts the General and he roars.

Does this demon think that Polan killed all of them? Well, he can but...hmmm...

Wait, this might actually be a better situation then I thought.

I can see Sylvia and her army nearby. Yuki is just relaxing on a tree, watching me, not them.

I look at her and she smiles at me...the fuck does she want?

Polan smiles after seeing Sylvia's army.
Although confused by how it happened, he was glad that the general mistook him as the one who killed the demons.

"If I can kill them, I will kill you too!" Shouts Polan.

I hide my presence up above the sky and spectate the fight. The general is consistently keeping up with Polan's speed but each Polan uses the mana to keep a distance between them because he knows the general depend very much on close combat.
In the end, he forces the general to use his sword and throws the sword at Polan at high speed. But that's what Polan wants.

Polan smiles and deflects the sword away easily. Now without a weapon, the general is much weaker so he switched to close combat fight now.

Polan materializes two swords immediately and attacks while wielding both.

...impressive as always. He can materialize something like a sword so quickly. While it takes me 1 to 2 minutes to materialize even a paper (Akuma once materialized a slave contract paper for Cevila. Refer to chapter 50)

He dashes with incredible speed and ended up behind the general. The general, shocked by Polan's insane speed, attempts to block his attack using the bare hands but...

Polan slashes off both of his arms easily like jelly.

"What?! Impossible-"

And Polan finishes off by gathering mana in his fist and punching his abdominal, creating an intense shock wave capable of breaking mountains and now...a hole in the stomach. The general flys back and crashes into a mountain before things finally settle down.

That's...not even 1/30 of the power of an Okirei. But the fact that he gathered so much mana in a short time...proves that he really is one.

He detects my presence up in the sky and smiles at me.
"You're an Okirei too huh..." Says Polan.

This guy!! He is using telepathy by utilizing the mana...but at this distance, it should be quite hard for me to reply.

I cannot reply back using telepathy as my mana core is broken. I get closer down and say "My bad, my mana core is broken and I can't reply at that distance."

Polan's eyes widen.
"Oh...Okay, as thanks for helping me kill all the weak demons and saving Sylvia, I will let you have the mana core of the demon lord after I defeat him."

This guy also knows that simple method on how to restore my mana core. I feel so dumb now. And he also specifically pointed out Sylvia. Does he have a thing for her?

"Hey! Both of you! Stop floating in the air and staring at each other! Come down!" Shouts Sylvia.

Oh yeah, I forgot we are still communicating through telepathy. Polan looks at me and laughs a little.
"Sorry! We were communicating through telepathy!" Says Polan.
"Huh? Telepathy? Does that skill exists?" Asks Sylvia.
"Haha! Of course not."

Polan lands on the ground and ignored Sylvia's confused expression. He is enjoying teasing Sylvia.

I land as well and look at the environment. There are trenches, holes, dents everywhere. A fight between the general and an Okirei...is quite intense.