[9] The Madness

"That is not like Karam."

My head moved along with each tug from Amelia as she was braiding my hair. I was sitting on the edge of the bed while she was standing behind me.

After Nysa arrived, I couldn't stop letting out the tears of trauma. She suffered me crying like a baby for hours. I was thankful to her for distracting me by asking me to do the routines. I managed to bathe slowly and change into the new clothes that she gave me.

A fitted brown top with broad straps, matched with a brown skirt, just like her blue ones.

Helping me with putting oil on my piercing and moving the nose ring, she promised to bring something to eat for me.

Instead of her, it was Amelia who entered the room. She had freshly bathed. Seeing my bloodshot swollen eyes, she did stare at me for longer. But nothing escaped her mouth until I was done drying my hair with a cloth. She asked to make braids of my hair without any empathy on her face.

Listening to her first words about the episode with Karam, my dried eyes filled up with tears again. Sitting with my legs wrapped around the raised knees, I stared at the faint sunlight pouring inside the room through the open window.

"I know each one of the males to their bones. Only Robin and Anton are full of wrath," she said while doing the hair. "Rest of them are lovers including mine, Misty. Their mates told me. By the cries, one can know if it is rough or not. Karam and Lysar have always been esteemed enough to not beg for a fuck to any of the unmated or widowed females. The females stare at them up and down, begging for them."

I blinked in disbelief. How could they fall for walking bushes of arrogance and threat?

"You must have pulled his leg enough to make his calm tremble. Karam barely gets angry. He is the most patient one," she said, leaving half of my hair down. Beginning the new braid on the left side, she hummed in disagreement. "What did you tell him?"

I stared at the wall blankly. "I told him about kissing two men before I was thrown here."

She stopped her movements for a minute. Her silence made me a little scared. But what worse could she do than he had already did. Slowly, she continued taking my strands in her fingers.

"Must you thank the Goddess, he didn't finish what he had started." She mumbled, making my eyes burn.

I gulped the lump forming in my throat.

"The mate bond gets to the males more than females. Well, their beasts are dominating. Females are born sufferers. They can suffer any pain including the mate bond. Males can not. He has really waited. Roaming the forests, sniffing the space like a madman, he searched for you. Then, you tell him that you have been kissed already."

I looked at the bed in frustration.

"There are two kind of males. One who is irked up all the time. The other who irks up at last after controlling himself for a long time," she said, completing and tying the both together to hang behind on the loose hair. "You managed to irk him up so early."

I kept quiet. Her words were not any lecture for me. For all I could care, I just wanted to stare at the space like a lost person. I wanted to celebrate my misery.

"Do you not feel the mate bond?" She asked calmly, moving fingers through my loose hair, combing them.

I lowered my eyes, remembering the tingles I had felt during the first meet; the rituals too. But this morning, all I could feel was disgust and powerlessness.

"No," I told her, looking back up at the window.

She sat beside me on the bed, making me lower my eyes again. Cupping my wrist, she gave a slight squeeze. "But he does. All the time. His body aches to be with you. His ears craves your words for him, his heart beats for your attention, your eyes on him. He wants more than that. Love and respect. An eternity of togetherness."