Trafalgar Law x Male!Reader

It had started a long time ago, actually [Name] had been around seven years old when he first noticed the oddities on his skin taking place. It looked like a skin disease of some kind, but the doctors didn't actually detect anything on him. It wasn't until his fifth time visiting the doctor that the man told him that it seemed that his soul mate might've been sick. [Name] hadn't understood what it meant back then, not completely anyway. But what he did understand was that there was someone whose heart was beating the same way as his was and that this person, who he apparently was supposed to treasure above all else, was badly sick.

The doctor never managed to find the other person, but it wasn't apparently needed as few years later the white spots disappeared as if they'd never been there. "My! That girl found a cure for whatever it was that was hurting her! How wonderful is that [Name]!"

He was around seventeen when a new problem started to rise. [Name]'s fated one had decided to get tattoos.

It started from a decorative heart that appeared on his chest while he was sleeping, then a ball with a smile was added to it week later. It was at this point that [Name] started to go out more and covered himself better with shirts and ties, his eyes scanning both men and women with something like that.

He couldn't find the person.

And his job as a model, more precisely as the model for his mother's creations, didn't really appreciate the male supporting the tattoos that over time spread to his back to show that smiley face once more, his shoulders also supporting decorative hearts at this point. The designer herself helped him to cover them up with a shirt that appeared to look like skin, fooling everyone into thinking that his body was unmarked and pure.

In the end, he had to also get gloves for the same purpose. Yet the fact that he had his hands also tattooed made it a lot faster and easier to weed through the citizens of the island. Yet.... [Name] couldn't find it, he couldn't find that one person who was responsible for the tattoos.

It was frustrating.

He'd gone to every single gathering, danced with countless people, drank with even more, he'd gone through the whole island already twenty times and found out that not a single person supported the specific tattoos he had. What made it even worse was seeing people find their own fated partners so damn easily.

He'd also attempted to send a message to the person by writing onto his own arm with a marker that'd wash away eventually, but he never got a reply.

He was already past twenty-four when [Name] decided to just stop searching by himself and consult someone over this matter. That someone being one of the elders. The second he'd shown his tattoos to the woman, she'd gasped in shock. It didn't help that [Name] had also obtained a scar onto his right arm and from how it looked, it seemed like his soul mate had actually lost that arm only to somehow having it sown back as it was.

The elder examined the tattoos with care, taking in every aspect of them from design to the potential meaning, and all this time the [colour] haired male could only stare forward and accept that this was his life now. Closing his [colour] eyes, [Name] waited patiently for the answer to be given to him, only for the elder to take an extra hour to trace the tattoos onto a piece of paper.

"You see, [Name], it's not always that a case like this happens, actually I can only recall one time during my lifetime", the woman started her wrinkly forehead being even more wrinkled now that she was trying to think a way to break it to the boy, "Your soul mate, sadly, isn't on this island. Nor are they descended of our tribe". She stared at the man whose eyes were now wide open from both confusion and shock, how those same [colour] eyes then lit up with realisation before setting into sad acceptance.