P R O L O G U E

The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper. 

-W.B Yeats

~~
"But it was too late.  The prince knew that Cinderella was the one.  He looked into her eyes. He did not see the cinders in her hair or the ashes on her face.

“I have found you!” he said.

“And I have found you,” said Cinderella. "

You look at your 7 year old daughter areum, sleeping soundly after having been read her favourite story, Cinderella.

Gently pecking her forehead, you switch the fairy lights in her room and quietly make a beeline towards the kitchen, hoping your husband to come back home by now.

It was already 10:15.
Not that your husband comes home early but he makes it a point to turn up by 9..
You never really have had any problems with him barging in late, however, things have changed now.
You're entering the joys of motherhood again, being about 8 months pregnant again, you really feel tired, exhausted and so jittery for not being cared-about at all!

Jungkook, your husband, whom you married at the timid age of 23 is really getting on your nerves. Not that you don't love him. You do. You always have loved him!
From the day you had discovered about your pregnancy with him, which was very unexpected.. till today, you love him from all your heart..

But you don't really know if he reciprocates the same to you because all you can muster through these years is that the lad is just forced into this bond called marriage.
And this all happened because you had gotten pregnant before even getting married, now call it his big heart or what but he technically "saved" you from all the filth you may have to face otherwise..

Is this marriage a compromise? God knows but all you do know is that Jungkook really really loves his daughter, areum.
Not that over the years he hasn't showed love to you, he did but still you feel like he's doing it out if courtesy and you sometimes feel so bad about it..

With a deep sigh, you turn around, sprinting inside the kitchen in order to clean up when suddenly you hear the clicking sound of the doorknob, indicating how your husband was now home.

You watch him putting the keys in the bowl kept at the entrance as he walks towards you, a sly smile on his face,

"Hi" he says putting his laptop case on the patio making you sigh again..

"What?" He clicks his tongue, "something wrong?"

"Of course not" you mumble, turning the stove on to heat the food for him.

Things have changed so much, you realize how you've changed so much over the years. From being the young, bubbly personality to this weird mature ass person.. thing's really did change .

He rolls his tongue over his lips, "look at me. Something is wrong. Is it the baby?"

You frown, your pregnancy emotions slowly giving their way in. You didn't really like being bothered with so many questions. As much as you usually love being looked upon but this stupid pregnancy just makes things iffy!

"I don't know.." you mumble, still pissed at him.

He stares at you for a good second before starting, "can we talk?"