Part 93

Khushi and her friends landed in Paris airport after the journey of almost 14 hours and they were welcome by the team arranged by the sponsors of the competition. After collecting their luggage all were escorted to parking lot, Khushi asked them to wait for sometime as she needs to inform at home just to their satisfaction.

She went to the local telephone booth present in the airport and called her mother, after talking with buaji, Garima, Sheetal and Lavanya (Lavanya and Sheetal stayed back at GR), she called at Shantivan and had a talk with all and then kept the call asking them to inform the others.

Khushi had missed her family, friends and her home badly but motivating herself, she stayed strong. She thought of calling Arnav and Shashi but then thought against and dropped it. She joined the others and apologized for the late and making them wait for her.

All got the car and that person escorted to the guest house which was allotted for the participants.

Abhi: wow! Looks like we will have a great time here...

Maya: yeah... but we are freezing here... can we please get our rooms? She asked the person who escorted them.

Person: sure... he went to the reception in the hall and picking up their room key returned back to them.

Person: this way please. He showed them the room and entered in.

It looked like an apartment with 2 rooms, hall and kitchen. Khushi, Abhi and Maya were liked the place instantly. They arranged they belongings in the rooms and after freshening up they fell flat on their beds and slept. That was the moments where they got how tired they were.

1 week passed Khushi was in Paris with her friends, in this whole week they got introduced with the other participants of the other countries, total from 10 countries participants had come over and the competition is going to be held in between them. Khushi didn't forget to video chat with her family once in two days if not daily.

Delhi, India,

Raizada's and Gupta's were getting bore without Khushi and whenever she calls and tells about her experience and everything they felt like they were with her there and then.

Paris,

The competition started with the rounds and all were working hard to win and bag the certificate of international competition.

Khushi and her team had done what they had to, and were waiting for the results to be announced. The resulted were out stating that Khushi's team stood in top three. Maya and Abhi shouted in joy and hugged Khushi making her bones to crash and breathless.

Khushi: what are you two doing? Leave me... they both realized that they almost made breathless and mouthed sorry.

Abhi: congrats!!! We got selected and also were in top three.

Maya: great job man...

Khushi: yes... need to celebrate.

Abhi & Maya: NO.

Khushi: why?

Abhi: I can't eat the cuisine available here.

Maya: yeah.

Khushi: who said we are going to any restaurant? We will cook for us tonight.

Abhi: sounds great.

Maya: hmm.

That night they tried cooking some desi with the available ingredients. The felt happy after having the dinner as it took them back to their home made dishes, with that satisfaction they left to sleep.

Khushi's days were passing in a blink making her feel nervous as the competition is getting nearer.

Months passed, the competition was going to be held in a week and her team was fully prepared.

However tried she might be but never forgot to call home and talk. In these months, video chatted with her family only in the weekends. As the completion made her busy, in arranging the stuff required, designing, preparing and in to top of all, the climate made their work a bit difficult. They are not much familiar with that climate so they were feeling cold. If they had to go out they will complete all the works as soon as they could and return back to their rooms.

The person whom Khushi called the most was her fiancé and her dad for the suggestions. They too guide them not professionally but personally as her father and fiancé.

She got the biggest shock when she saw Arnav and Shashi at the venue as the judges in the previous round.

Arnav and Shashi were in Paris from past 3months but frequently do visit Delhi and fly back to Paris, they asked their family to not disclose that to Khushi. They had been watching her each move, every action.

She confronted them the same at the dinner which was organized for success of entering the final round. The dinner was for the participants, organizers and the judges.

Khushi: what was that?

Arnav: Ms. Gupta, you are forgetting with whom you are talking?

Shashi: Khushi, how are you?

Khushi: I'm fine papa, how are you?

Shashi: I'm fine, so how is your preparation going on?

Khushi: going fab.

Arnav: don't you think you are acting as a kid? Don't you get tired of updating each and everything in details to the family like a school going kid does and also expects them to do the same.

Khushi: I'm sorry Mr. Raizada but I don't think I'm answerable to you, saying she left from there.

Her reply made his jaw drop and Shashi to hide his smile turning away his face.

The dinner was completed and all were dispersing, Arnav asked Abhi and Maya to leave to their room and he will drop Khushi later.

Khushi was about to head the exit but was dragged by someone to the corner. She was about to shout but stopped seeing Arnav and her father in one of the rooms of their stay.

Khushi: what?

Shashi turned back to her and smiled: Happy birthday! Khushi

Khushi stood frozen for a moment thinking she forgot her birthday?

Arnav: surprised?

Khushi hugged her father tightly and cried.

Shashi: seems like you didn't like our surprise?

Khushi: love you papa, thanks a lot. I... I mean, I, she didn't get the correct words to utter.

She heard Garima's voice from the system and turned to look at it.

There was the whole family wishing her, if she remember then the time would be approx. 5am in India.

After talking and thanking them and cutting the cake she bid bye and cut the call. Later she left with Arnav to her room after giving a warming hug to her father.

Khushi: thank you!

Arnav: is this the way of thanking your would be husband?

Khushi: haan. She said shying away and turned her face away.

Arnav: well, if you don't know then I won't mind teaching you?

Khushi: I don't think it's a good idea, Mr. Raizada?

Arnav: okay, Ms. Gupta. Then let me take it my way, saying he looked at her intensely making her blush, he leaned on her to kiss her with closed eyes but when he felt her hands pushing him he opened his eyes and looked at Khushi who ran away to her room and at the door she turned to him and passed a flying kiss.