Zoro x Male!Reader

From a young age, [Name] knew that he wouldn't stay on the Island he'd been born on, how he knew that on the other hand was a complete mystery. Even bigger mystery was the fact that this child somehow appeared to be in pain all the time. Yet there were no scars, no bruises nor markings, just pain. It sadly meant that [Name] was part of that marginalized group of people who could feel the pain of their fated one as if it was their own, any kind of pain.

Even now that his older brother [B!Name] was watching the child play, those large [e/c] orbs were filled with tears as the little boy was playing. [Brother] could still vividly remember the first time and how he'd rushed his infant brother to the doctor of the town in panic only to hear that there actually wasn't anything physically wrong with [Name]. He'd spend hours upon hours trying to figure it out only to come to the soul crushing conclusion that no, his brother wouldn't suddenly drop dead or something like that and there wasn't a problem with his nerve system either, oh no, his soulmate was just an idiot who got hurt A LOT and was most likely very proun to crying, one of that sensitive type y'know.

"Brother! Look what I made!" the voice of his beloved younger brother made the young man look up from his own work. The little boy ran towards him, causing the prosthesis maker hurriedly put away his newest piece in favour of catching the child in case he'd slip and fall over. Tiny feet came to an abpurt halt upon coming to the point where the little gremlin felt to be the best distance of showcasing his masterful work. Large [e/c] eyes wide and filed with pride, cheeks puffed and [h/c] hair on a messy little pony tail, the child stood, holding up a piece of paper.

On the paper one could see two figures, one bigger one, one smaller one, both supporting the same [h/c] hair but different eyes, the taller having icy blue eyes while the smaller supported [e/c] orbs. The taller one also seemed to missing a leg, or at least it was coloured white. [Brother's Name] couldn't help but to take a quick glance at his own porcelain made leg which had a steel core, his finest piece of work to this day.

He'd lost his actual leg a long while ago in an accident that had cost him a leg and his friend his dear life. Children loved the fact that he indeed had a half robotic leg that he could use almost like a normal one, but he himself wasn't too keen of it, it packed the ability to feel, it was cold to touch, too smooth, too pale. A reminder of what would never be. After all, his best friend had turned out to be in fact his destined one, and that knowledge made his heart ache. Even more so when he also knew that had he been able to build a new heart, his friend would've lived, but he'd lacked the knowledge of how to make such thing.

The blue eyed man patted the child's head affectionately, smiling that sad smile of his and told him that he'd be a great artist one day. [Name]'s eyes widened at this rare occasion of being given attention like that, his brother was a busy man after all, many prostheses to be made and a lot more to be invented, but he cherished it nevertheless.

And before long, [Name] found himself to be taller than his older brother, who still would pat his head affectionately and give him encouragement. It was around this time that the teenager, or was he a young man already, started to get more physical marks on his body, each and every one of the scars he'd received from his fated one, as he experienced this pain firsthand, also bringing him an unexpected amount of pain that seemed to only increase as years went by.

A scar that went from his right shoulder to his left hip, it nearly made the [h/c] faint. The ones that followed, hurting even more and then there came a long time period when he didn't receive new scars nor feel pain, only to wake up one night screaming in agony. It felt like he was suffering for two people instead of just one, yet none of it scarred his skin. And then, the final scar appeared, it went from his left side of the face, straight down, over his eye to the cheek. But.... It didn't hurt.