EPILOGUE

*1 year later*

Scarlet

With my hands tightly secured around the tray containing two cups of coffee, I trudged towards the study room. Once I reached the door, something caught under my feet and I bent my neck, only to find a stuffed toy near my feet. My once cleaned house was now filled with toys sprawled around, perks of having a one-year old child.

Picking the toy up, I put it on a side table and walked inside. My husband Evan Parker was sitting on his desk, his whole focus on the file in his hands. When I placed the tray in front of him, only then he noticed me and his amazing blue eyes peeked from behind the thin-rimmed glasses. No matter how much time passed, seeing him in glasses still leaves me awestruck and giddy.

Smiling at him, I walked behind him and leaned down to rest my chin on his shoulder. "How is your Sunday going?"

"Good, just have some work left." He said.

"Miss me?" I whispered.

He rotated his chair suddenly and I ended up falling on his lap. "Maybe." He said and brushed my hair back with his fingers. "God, you smell nice." He nuzzled his nose in my neck and sighed.

"That's because I had to take a long bath. Luke peed on me." I pouted and he laughed in response.

"Been there." He said and pecked me on my lips.

"Where is he?" He asked.

"I left him with Cara. She is feeding him." I said. His nanny Mary has asked for a leave and without her, the last few days had been really busy. Both of us had our jobs and hiring a nanny was the best decision we ever made. That's what we realized in these last few days.

"Cara is great with Luke. You are raising her well, making her patient and caring like you." He said and stared at me with the loving expression in his eyes.

Evan Parker is a strange man. From the outside, he might look like the hardest, most stubborn man you ever met but if you slowly peel the layers around him, you will find a very loving husband and a very caring father inside. In the last two year, he has made me the happiest person in this world. He gave me a family, he gave me love and he gave me everything else I could ask for. He still is a workaholic but I would never trade my workaholic husband for any other man in the world.

I caressed his jaw with my fingers and observed the changing pattern of his eyes. His beautiful eyes! I still sometimes find sadness in them, especially on certain days. I know he still keeps Eliza's picture hidden in his drawer. I know he misses her sometimes but it didn't make me conscious now. I have understood that a person can fall in love twice and it doesn't mean his love for one person would in any way affect the love for another person.

I was still staring into his eyes when the door to the study room opened with a bang and I jumped out of Evan's lap. "Mama, Luke... He..."

"What happened Cara?" I asked in stressed voice.

"He... He crawled to the kitchen and... He.." She couldn't complete the distance as she looked completely terrified.

Both Evan and I exchanged a look and ran in full speed towards the kitchen. A gasp left our mouths in synchronization when we observed the scene going around.

Luke had his tiny right hand secured around the handle of the cabinet as he stood himself against the counter. Beside him on the floor, the chocolate glaze was spread that I had prepared an hour ago for a dessert I was intending to make.

Luke's blue eyes sparkled with joy as he licked his left hand that was covered with the chocolate. When he found all three of us observing him, he laughed mischievously and his cute giggling voice filled the kitchen.