The Truth

Katherine jumped out of Simon's van before things could get more weird between her and Alec.The whole way, she had been sitting in between Jace and Alec, and every time her thigh touched Alec's , goosebumps shot through her whole leg.It gave a warm feeling in her whole body and Katherine enjoyed the way it made her feel but she was left confuse as to why she felt what she felt .What she didn't know was that the older Lightwood had felt the same way and the same question was running through his mind as jumped out after her. ''Yeah this place isn't creepy at all.Not at all.'' Simon said as Katherine looked around their surroundings ''Don't tell me you're afraid.'' Izzy said and he scoffed ''Are you kidding me?I was born afraid ...which sounded a lot better in my head.'' ''In that case, shouldn't have said it out loud, should you?'' Katherine gave him a sarcastic smile and received a glare from him in return  ''Let's check it out.'' Alec said and grabbed her wrist  and Izzy followed the two as they stopped a bit away from the future love trio, aka Jace, Clary and Simon ,  ''Wait here a minute.I wanna see if it's safe.''. Jace said before walking over to the trio.

''Hey.If something goes wrong, if something happens to her, that's on us.You know that, don't you?'' Alec asked Jace ''More likely on me, because she's my sister.'' Katherine added '' Yeah and it won't entirely be on you,Kate and  you know exactly what would happen if Valentine gets the cup before we do.'' he looked at the pair before focusing his eyes solely on the older Fairchild ''She's lost everything except you,Kate.And we both know exactly what that feels like.'' Jace said and she looked at Clary and Simon who were having a conversation of their own ''He's right,I do know how it feels.And what's your problem with my sister, anyway? Your family always  used to welcomed strays.'' Katherine said looking at Alec whose eyes softened ''You were never a stray and neither was Jace.'' he said looking at her with such intensity and sincerity that she felt that as if she could hide in him from the world. Jace cleared his throat ''The point is that nothing's changed.We're in this fight together.There's just...one more of us.'' Katherine saw the way he looked at Clary, it was a look of concern and admiration.Katherine shared a look with Izzy who smirked  before she clearing her throat which pulled Jace's attention onto her, she smirked at him ''Enjoying,Wayland?'' the blonde rolled his eyes but there was a smile on his face ''Come on ,Clare.It's all clear.'' Katherine called out to Clary who was talking to Simon.

She winked at Jace  ''She's all yours,Wayland.'' Katherine said as Clary approached them and she quickened her pace till she was walking with Alec and Izzy's side ''I am rooting for them.'' she whispered to Izzy and linked her arm with hers ''So am I.'' Izzy smiled at her.

~*~*~*~*~*~

''You were right,Simon.This place is creepy, creeps me out every time.'' Katherine said as she ,Izzy, Alec and Simon reached the entrance of the cave with Jace and Clary in front of them ''You find it creepy too?'' she raised her eyebrows at him ''That's what I just said. '' ''He is funny, isn't he?'' Izzy chuckled '' No.'' Alec said and Katherine snorted  ''I can do this.'' Clary ignored their side conversation ''Yeah, you can.You are Clary freaking Fray, you can do anything.'' Simon encouraged her as he tried to move towards the cave but Katherine pulled him back by the back of his shirt ''Whoa.Whoa.Where do you think you are going?'' she asked him the same time Jace put a hand to his shoulder and said ''Alright, hold up.'' and then both of them looked at each other ''Surprise, surprise. No mundanes allowed, just like in the training room, right? Wrong! I have seen every horror movie ever made and the funny best friend dead man.'' Simon said and Izzy chuckled before Katherine removed her hand from Simon's shirt and rolled her eyes at the mundane's lack of humor ''You are not that funny.But by all means ,go ahead.'' Jace said and Simon started moving forward ''You will die the moment you enter.'' Katherine added ''Problem is now I don't trust you.'' Simon said ''She 's not lying.'' Alec defended Katherine ''Now.Jace was, before.'' Izzy said ''The rune energy in the City of Bones will kill any mundane who dares to enter, so please...'' Alec said and Katherine slapped his arm.